- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Real Valladolid Friday 10:44 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Arsenal Friday 10:28 PM
- How to stream Manchester United vs. Crystal Palace Friday 10:05 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Norwich City Friday 8:55 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 Serie A season Friday 8:05 PM
- Tom Brady keeps supplying us with new meme material Friday 5:55 PM
- Emails reveal Facebook’s knowledge of Cambridge Analytica Friday 3:43 PM
- ‘Fast and Furious’ + ‘American Ninja Warrior’ = Netflix’s ‘Hyperdrive’ Friday 3:15 PM
- Trump jokes drop in Dow is because Seth Moulton dropped out of 2020 race Friday 3:13 PM
- What we learned when we visited Mr. B, America’s chonkiest cat Friday 1:46 PM
- Trump’s new plan to fight opioid overdose? This tweet Friday 1:06 PM
- Fitness influencer shamed for ‘sharing numbers’ in weight loss posts Friday 1:04 PM
- The VSCO Girl has always been here Friday 1:01 PM
- Tomi Lahren’s new ‘Freedom’ clothing line is made for meme mockery Friday 12:21 PM
- Taylor Swift’s ‘London Boy’ is a bop, but Brits don’t think her lyrics are accurate Friday 12:02 PM
Las Vegas police officer Rachel Sorkow was arrested on multiple felony police misconduct charges after it was discovered that she had been recording videos of suspects in deeply degrading scenarios and sharing them with friends.
According to the Root, Sorkow was charged on March 14 with a litany of crimes dating back nearly two years in her time as an officer. She allegedly used her position to look up private information, including addresses and criminal records of potential romantic partners for her civilian friends, at least 19 times. One of these included giving information to a felon on whether he was being followed by police, and another involved revealing the names of children in a child abuse investigation.
According to the Las Vegas Sun, Sorkow has been on leave since December when her phone was seized and videos were found of her mocking and demeaning civilians. In one video, she makes a mentally ill person twerk, saying in the video, “I just want to see you dougie [sic] and twerk and then we’re good.” In another video, while responding to a domestic violence report, Sorkow mocks an intoxicated woman, asking if she’s considered being on My 600-lb Life and making her lift up her shirt on camera.
- We need to change the way we talk about police killing Black people
- Viral #BBQBeckys and #CouponCarls are the new slave patrols
- White woman who called the cops on Black people barbecuing is now a meme
Another video shows her recording a man’s penis through a hole in his pants and calling him the N-word once he was inside the police cruiser; another shows Sorkow force-feeding candy to a man in handcuffs while joking that she is “partners with the community, feeding criminals gummy bears.” In the video, she commands the man to “open your mouth, eat it!” When investigators confronted her about the video, she reportedly said, “That’s just who I am, I like joking, I joke all the time.” She reportedly claimed to just be joking for several of the videos and even laughed when shown some of them by detectives.
Sorkow has been dismissed from her job and was released from jail after posting $5,000 bail.
H/T the Root
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.