- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Facebook allegedly refuses to remove the photo.
A photo of a Plano woman’s dead body is allegedly still on Facebook on Monday after relatives begged the social media website to remove it.
Jennifer Streit-Spears was found dead Sunday morning in an apartment in the 2300 block of Kathryn Lane in Plano after police received reports of a disturbance. Fox 4 reports that Kenneth Alan Amyx, 45, was found outside the apartment with stab wounds.
Jennifer’s sister, who asked to remain anonymous, tells The Daily Dot that during the murder a photo of Jennifer’s body alongside the suspect was posted on her sister’s Facebook page and captioned “Please pray for us.”
“I did ask them to remove it several times,” she said. “They told me I could block Jennifer if I didn’t like what she posted and gave me other similar options.”
Amyx’s wounds were found to be self-inflicted after he was examined at a local hospital. According to inmate records, Amyx has previously been convicted of ongoing sexual abuse of a child under age 14 in Rockwall County, as well indecent exposure to a child in Dallas County.
Amyx is in Collin County Jail and his bond is set at $600,000. The Daily Dot has reached out to authorities for more information.
Colette Bennett is a writer and editor who specializes in geek culture, beauty products, and Amazon deals. Her work has appeared on CNN, HLN, Engadget, Kotaku, Colourlovers, and Continue Magazine. She's also given talks on working in news for CNN's Leadership Unplugged program. Bennett also runs popular Korean beauty blog Chok Chok Beauty and regularly slathers her face in snail slime.