- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
Soccer teammates Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris delight the internet with their engagement
Queer Twitter is melting over the engagement of Orlando Pride soccer players Ali Krieger and Ashlyn Harris.
The couple announced their engagement in an interview with People, in which they talked about how they met and got to know each other, as well as why they hid their relationship for so long.
Krieger and Harris met nearly a decade ago in 2010, when they were both playing for the U.S. Women’s National Team. Like many of the sweetest romances, it started out with them becoming close friends through all the time shared traveling, training, and playing together.
“We became really close friends, and we just hung out, we clicked, and we had so much in common. We always sat next to each other on the bus and on flights, and we kind of just talked about our dreams and our hopes,” Harris told People. “Here we are, nine years later, and we’re going to be getting married this year.”
While Krieger no longer plays on the Women’s National Team, she and Harris are now teammates on the Orlando Pride. They’ve been dating for several years and have been engaged since September, but they didn’t go public until now. According to the couple, they didn’t want their relationship status to create a distraction for their teammates.
“We wanted to be professional and make sure that we showed up every day and did our job and it wasn’t just because we were together, it was because we love what we do, and we’re really good at what we do,” said Krieger.
Even though they’ve only just gone public, some fans have suspected sparks between the defender and goalkeeper for a while and have used the hashtag #krashlyn to talk about the potential couple. That hashtag is now overflowing with feelings and people basically saying, “I told you so.”
Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp are all down on the day @alikrieger & @Ashlyn_Harris announce their engagement via @people. Coincidence? I think not. We all knew they’d break the internet eventually. #Krashlyn— M. Ullrich (@MUllrichAuthor) March 14, 2019
The couple plans to marry in Florida near the end of the year.
- The dirty, complex, empowering history of the word ‘queer’
- Asexuality is real—and it has nothing to do with celibacy
- I’m a lesbian and a transgender woman—and those two aren’t mutually exclusive
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.