- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Prepare to get nostalgic.
When it comes to engagement photos, we’ve seen it all. The beyond-expected shoot in an empty field, the urban graffiti wall backdrop—even the Superman undershirt reveal is now a common theme.
That’s why we’ve got to hand it to Cassi Pitman and her fiancé Adam for coming up with the brilliant idea to re-create photos of their favorite power couple. No, not Beyoncé and Jay-Z—former POTUS and FLOTUS Barack and Michelle Obama.
#swipeleft⬅️ Because we miss them so much…. Our couple Cassi & Adam were channeling Michelle and Barack Obama in this engagement shoot. It was great to team up with @covesakellyevents and bring her vision to life. Make up by @jaynaart Enjoy! #obamas #barack #michelle #engagementshoot #engagement #weddings #blackbride1998 #munaluchibride #weddingsonpoint #engagedtodetails
A post shared by Natasha Herbert (@natashaherbert) on
“As African-Americans, we admire their achievements and what they represent,” Pittman told the Huffington Post. “They have a love that just shines, and we wanted to capture that love in our photos.”
If the portraits make you nostalgic, then they did their job. Another reason Cassi and Adam chose the theme was because they missed the Obamas. Herbert and Gragg made sure when the couple looked through their photo album, they wouldn’t have to feel that loss again.
“When our bride and groom said, ‘Can we try and duplicate one of their famous shots for our engagement pics?’ I was like let’s do an entire shoot … we can do this and this and THIS!” Gragg told Brides.
And the results perfectly capture the reason the Obamas will always be our couple #goals. The bride and groom managed to get on-point poses that truly mimic the former first couple’s body language. Shots include re-creations from the March 2009 National Newspaper Publishers Association reception, the 2015 World Expo, and of course the Obama’s iconic October 2016 Essence cover.
The internet can’t get enough of these outtakes, and we hope the final version gets shared after their December wedding. Congratulations, Cassi and Adam!
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.