- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
‘Nurse Nicole’ is trying to get men on Tinder to get prostate exams
Swipe right on Nurse Nicole. Now bend over and cough.
If you’re a woman on Tinder, you know firsthand how much time and energy dudes spend trying to get you to look at their wieners. But one woman on Tinder is trying to convince men to pay attention to another part of their anatomy: their prostates.
To promote Men’s Health Awareness Month this June, the Tumblr project Matches for Men’s Health created a Tinder profile for the fictitious “Nurse Nicole,” a pretty, 28-year-old brunette who loves “dogs, warm weather, [and] spontaneous decisions,” as well as convincing men to bend over and cough so a gloved finger can be inserted up their bums. To that end, Nicole has been responding to suitors’ messages by urging them to get prostate exams.
Unfortunately for the dudes messaging Nicole (and for their prostates), it doesn’t seem like most of them are getting the hint:
Tinder: The only place in the world where you can tell a man you want to give him a colonoscopy, and he’ll want to have sex with you.
This isn’t the first time that Tinder has been used as a platform for promoting awareness of a public health issue: Back in March, the AIDS Task Force launched the Tinder AIDS Project, which featured a fake female profile accompanied by the message, “You’re probably not her only match: Use a condom.” (The campaign never actually appeared on Tinder.)
The men’s health’s campaign, however, is quite a bit sillier, not to mention a lot less slut-shame-y, than the Tinder AIDS Project. Whether or not “Nicole” will be effective at persuading men to get prostate exams is another story: Frankly, it seems like the majority of men courting her are too dense to get the message. But even if she isn’t, at least we get to have a good laugh at these dudes’ expense.
H/T Jezebel | Photo by Jason Reed
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.