- How to watch Netflix on Apple devices without AirPlay support 6 Years Ago
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate player’s trans flag removed for being ‘political’ Monday 7:37 PM
- Does Donald Trump Jr. know what American soldiers do? Monday 7:17 PM
- Sophie Turner has a hot take on Arya’s ‘Game of Thrones’ sex scene Monday 6:50 PM
- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Monday 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Monday 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Monday 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Monday 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Monday 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Monday 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Monday 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Monday 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Monday 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Monday 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Monday 12:55 PM
At least 27 people, including 18 children, are reported dead following an elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
At least 27 people, including 18 children, were reported dead following an elementary school shooting in Newtown, Conn.
The principal of Sandy Hook Elementary was among the dead, police confirmed. The gunman, wearing a bulletproof vest, opened fire at around 9:30am ET. The Associated Press cited a law enforcement official’s report that the shooter was a man in his 20s with ties to the school. The gun used in the attack was a .223 caliber rifle, according to the report.
Police confirmed the shooter was dead and inside the building. They added that the scene is secure and there are multiple fatalities.
President Barack Obama expressed his sympathies to Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy and is likely to address the situation later on Friday.
Photo by @mscheunemann/Instagram
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.