- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees 2 Months Ago
- Exclusive: House Democrats net neutrality strategy shifts month after passing major bill 2 Months Ago
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
- Film meme mocks ‘brilliant’ Daenerys shot in ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Today 10:13 AM
- YouTube love triangle: ProJared’s mistress Commander Holly makes startling accusations Today 10:05 AM
- Middle schoolers investigated for allegedly serving semen crepes to teachers Today 10:04 AM
- Memelord from Reddit’s r/The_Donald joins Trump onstage at rally Today 9:23 AM
- Read the wild list of demands Trump’s possible new immigration czar had Today 8:48 AM
New Jersey Transit Police has launched an internal investigation over a video of an officer dragging and beating a semiconscious man.
The incident was recorded by a woman who spoke to WPVI-TV on the condition of anonymity. She said she started recording when she heard commotion around 10:30pm on Saturday while waiting to be picked up from the Trenton Transit Center.
In the video, the unidentified transit officer can be seen dragging a man who appears to be semi-conscious, then throwing him on the ground. The man seems unable to respond to the officer’s words or instructions, as the officer yells, “Get up and get out now!”
The officer leaves the man on the ground for a few seconds before commanding repeatedly that he get up again while dragging him further across the concrete. The officer then tosses the man to the ground and hits him, yelling at him repeatedly to “Get the fuck up.”
The woman who recorded the officer said that the man had been quietly sitting against a wall when she exited the station. Her phone ran out of power while she was recording the video, but she said the officer continued yelling at and hitting the man and dragging his face across the ground for another five minutes.
- We need to change the way we talk about police killing Black people
- Viral #BBQBeckys and #CouponCarls are the new slave patrols
- White woman who called the cops on Black people barbecuing is now a meme
“There was no resisting. He wasn’t even speaking,” said the woman to WPVI-TV. She described herself as an avid police supporter and said she hoped the video would result in better training for the officers. “I don’t know if anything occurred. I’m not speculating that anything did. I can only attest to what I saw. And what I saw wasn’t warranted.”
In a statement, theNew Jersey Transit Police said the officer in the video has been placed on administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation.
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.