- Amazon Echo Show (2nd Gen) vs Google Home Hub: Which is better? 2 Weeks Ago
- Solange sings along to Ariana Grande on Instagram Stories—and fans are obsessed 2 Weeks Ago
- How to stream the entire ’30 For 30′ series for free 2 Weeks Ago
- Swipe This! My happiest Facebook Memories are making me miserable 2 Weeks Ago
- Musketeers: Welcome to the global Elon Musk fan network Today 6:00 AM
- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
New Jersey Transit Police has launched an internal investigation over a video of an officer dragging and beating a semiconscious man.
The incident was recorded by a woman who spoke to WPVI-TV on the condition of anonymity. She said she started recording when she heard commotion around 10:30pm on Saturday while waiting to be picked up from the Trenton Transit Center.
In the video, the unidentified transit officer can be seen dragging a man who appears to be semi-conscious, then throwing him on the ground. The man seems unable to respond to the officer’s words or instructions, as the officer yells, “Get up and get out now!”
The officer leaves the man on the ground for a few seconds before commanding repeatedly that he get up again while dragging him further across the concrete. The officer then tosses the man to the ground and hits him, yelling at him repeatedly to “Get the fuck up.”
The woman who recorded the officer said that the man had been quietly sitting against a wall when she exited the station. Her phone ran out of power while she was recording the video, but she said the officer continued yelling at and hitting the man and dragging his face across the ground for another five minutes.
- We need to change the way we talk about police killing Black people
- Viral #BBQBeckys and #CouponCarls are the new slave patrols
- White woman who called the cops on Black people barbecuing is now a meme
“There was no resisting. He wasn’t even speaking,” said the woman to WPVI-TV. She described herself as an avid police supporter and said she hoped the video would result in better training for the officers. “I don’t know if anything occurred. I’m not speculating that anything did. I can only attest to what I saw. And what I saw wasn’t warranted.”
In a statement, theNew Jersey Transit Police said the officer in the video has been placed on administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation.
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently working out of St. Paul, Minnesota. They have bylines at The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, and Bullet Points. Follow them on Twitter @thedialogtree