- YouTuber ImJayStation accused of faking the death of his girlfriend for views 11 Months Ago
- Twitter sends cease-and-desist letter to facial recognition firm scraping its images 11 Months Ago
- A CNN analyst’s impeachment joke sparks fake news fury Today 9:08 AM
- Patrick Stewart invited Whoopi Goldberg to join ‘Star Trek: Picard’ season 2 Today 8:26 AM
- Dolly Parton inspires ‘LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder’ meme Today 8:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 1 recap: A glimpse into a troubled future Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’ movie in the works with new screenwriter Today 7:11 AM
- Fortune Feimster embraces the past and present in celebratory ‘Sweet & Salty’ Today 7:00 AM
- Review: ‘Star Trek: Picard’ is a triumphant return for Patrick Stewart Today 5:00 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
New Jersey Transit Police has launched an internal investigation over a video of an officer dragging and beating a semiconscious man.
The incident was recorded by a woman who spoke to WPVI-TV on the condition of anonymity. She said she started recording when she heard commotion around 10:30pm on Saturday while waiting to be picked up from the Trenton Transit Center.
In the video, the unidentified transit officer can be seen dragging a man who appears to be semi-conscious, then throwing him on the ground. The man seems unable to respond to the officer’s words or instructions, as the officer yells, “Get up and get out now!”
The officer leaves the man on the ground for a few seconds before commanding repeatedly that he get up again while dragging him further across the concrete. The officer then tosses the man to the ground and hits him, yelling at him repeatedly to “Get the fuck up.”
The woman who recorded the officer said that the man had been quietly sitting against a wall when she exited the station. Her phone ran out of power while she was recording the video, but she said the officer continued yelling at and hitting the man and dragging his face across the ground for another five minutes.
- We need to change the way we talk about police killing Black people
- Viral #BBQBeckys and #CouponCarls are the new slave patrols
- White woman who called the cops on Black people barbecuing is now a meme
“There was no resisting. He wasn’t even speaking,” said the woman to WPVI-TV. She described herself as an avid police supporter and said she hoped the video would result in better training for the officers. “I don’t know if anything occurred. I’m not speculating that anything did. I can only attest to what I saw. And what I saw wasn’t warranted.”
In a statement, theNew Jersey Transit Police said the officer in the video has been placed on administrative leave pending the results of an internal investigation.
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.