- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Father dressed as Nazi says his 5-year-old son was threatened for wearing Hitler costume
A photo circulating on Twitter on Friday showed a man dressed in a Nazi soldier uniform standing with his 5-year-old son, who in a green suit and toothbrush mustache appeared to be dressed as Adolf Hilter.
TriStateHomepage.com reports that the man and his children attended a Halloween event in Owensboro, Kentucky. In a Facebook post shared to Twitter, Goldbach defended the “historical figures” costumes and described receiving threats at the event.
“Anyone who knows us knows that we love history, and often dress the part of historical figures,” Goldbach’s post said. “Tonight as we walked we saw people dressed as murderers, devils, serial killers, blood and gore of all sorts. Nobody batted an eye. But my little boy and i, dress as historical figures, and it merits people not only making snide remarks, but approaching us and threatening my little 5 year old boy … Threatened to rip his outfit off of him screaming obscenities, scareing [sic] a small child.”
this poor guy dressed himself and his kids as historical figures for halloween and got a load abuse. unbelievable, the costumes can't be that ba…. okay never mind pic.twitter.com/ZBPBhpzX4L
— Dan Hett (@danhett) October 26, 2018
As one Twitter user explained, the obvious problem with the costumes are not only who they represent but what they stand for.
“Because it’s not just history, it’s ideology, a sadly vivid one, that throws back to a very dark chapter of humankind history,” user @sup_johnny wrote. “There’s a difference between killing and genocide, dressing up as a Nazi reminds you of the [latter].”
Because it's not just history, it's ideology, a sadly vivid one, that throws back to a very dark chapter of humankind history. There's a difference between killing and genocide, dressing up as a nazi reminds you of the later.
— A Good Time (@sup_johnny) October 26, 2018
Goldbach’s post also thanked “people who interviened [sic].”
“Yes, liberalism is alive and well,” he wrote. “And we had the dis-pleasure of dealing with the fruits of the so called ‘Tolerant Left.'”
According to TriStateHomepage.com, Goldbach told the outlet “he didn’t realize it would stir as much controversy as is has and apologizes for his actions.”
Goldbach did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.