- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest 5 Months Ago
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Today 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
Father dressed as Nazi says his 5-year-old son was threatened for wearing Hitler costume
A photo circulating on Twitter on Friday showed a man dressed in a Nazi soldier uniform standing with his 5-year-old son, who in a green suit and toothbrush mustache appeared to be dressed as Adolf Hilter.
TriStateHomepage.com reports that the man and his children attended a Halloween event in Owensboro, Kentucky. In a Facebook post shared to Twitter, Goldbach defended the “historical figures” costumes and described receiving threats at the event.
“Anyone who knows us knows that we love history, and often dress the part of historical figures,” Goldbach’s post said. “Tonight as we walked we saw people dressed as murderers, devils, serial killers, blood and gore of all sorts. Nobody batted an eye. But my little boy and i, dress as historical figures, and it merits people not only making snide remarks, but approaching us and threatening my little 5 year old boy … Threatened to rip his outfit off of him screaming obscenities, scareing [sic] a small child.”
this poor guy dressed himself and his kids as historical figures for halloween and got a load abuse. unbelievable, the costumes can't be that ba…. okay never mind pic.twitter.com/ZBPBhpzX4L
— Dan Hett (@danhett) October 26, 2018
As one Twitter user explained, the obvious problem with the costumes are not only who they represent but what they stand for.
“Because it’s not just history, it’s ideology, a sadly vivid one, that throws back to a very dark chapter of humankind history,” user @sup_johnny wrote. “There’s a difference between killing and genocide, dressing up as a Nazi reminds you of the [latter].”
Because it's not just history, it's ideology, a sadly vivid one, that throws back to a very dark chapter of humankind history. There's a difference between killing and genocide, dressing up as a nazi reminds you of the later.
— A Good Time (@sup_johnny) October 26, 2018
Goldbach’s post also thanked “people who interviened [sic].”
“Yes, liberalism is alive and well,” he wrote. “And we had the dis-pleasure of dealing with the fruits of the so called ‘Tolerant Left.'”
According to TriStateHomepage.com, Goldbach told the outlet “he didn’t realize it would stir as much controversy as is has and apologizes for his actions.”
Goldbach did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.