- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Today 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Today 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
Father dressed as Nazi says his 5-year-old son was threatened for wearing Hitler costume
A photo circulating on Twitter on Friday showed a man dressed in a Nazi soldier uniform standing with his 5-year-old son, who in a green suit and toothbrush mustache appeared to be dressed as Adolf Hilter.
TriStateHomepage.com reports that the man and his children attended a Halloween event in Owensboro, Kentucky. In a Facebook post shared to Twitter, Goldbach defended the “historical figures” costumes and described receiving threats at the event.
“Anyone who knows us knows that we love history, and often dress the part of historical figures,” Goldbach’s post said. “Tonight as we walked we saw people dressed as murderers, devils, serial killers, blood and gore of all sorts. Nobody batted an eye. But my little boy and i, dress as historical figures, and it merits people not only making snide remarks, but approaching us and threatening my little 5 year old boy … Threatened to rip his outfit off of him screaming obscenities, scareing [sic] a small child.”
this poor guy dressed himself and his kids as historical figures for halloween and got a load abuse. unbelievable, the costumes can't be that ba.... okay never mind pic.twitter.com/ZBPBhpzX4L— Dan Hett (@danhett) October 26, 2018
As one Twitter user explained, the obvious problem with the costumes are not only who they represent but what they stand for.
“Because it’s not just history, it’s ideology, a sadly vivid one, that throws back to a very dark chapter of humankind history,” user @sup_johnny wrote. “There’s a difference between killing and genocide, dressing up as a Nazi reminds you of the [latter].”
Because it's not just history, it's ideology, a sadly vivid one, that throws back to a very dark chapter of humankind history. There's a difference between killing and genocide, dressing up as a nazi reminds you of the later.— A Good Time (@sup_johnny) October 26, 2018
Goldbach’s post also thanked “people who interviened [sic].”
“Yes, liberalism is alive and well,” he wrote. “And we had the dis-pleasure of dealing with the fruits of the so called ‘Tolerant Left.'”
According to TriStateHomepage.com, Goldbach told the outlet “he didn’t realize it would stir as much controversy as is has and apologizes for his actions.”
Goldbach did not immediately respond to the Daily Dot’s request for comment.
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.