- White nationalist Nick Fuentes is upset MTV aired his white nationalist views 3 Years Ago
- Juice WRLD had secret drug-littered Instagram, according to his ex-girlfriend 3 Years Ago
- Jersey City suspect posted anti-Semitic, anti-police materials online Today 10:30 AM
- Novaruu was banned from Twitch for 3 days—and she can’t understand why Today 10:12 AM
- Pete Buttigieg swears he’s not in the CIA Today 9:28 AM
- Greta Thunberg named ‘Time’ 2019 person of the year Today 9:28 AM
- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
A Muslim employee of Delta airlines was attacked in her own office by a Trump-supporting passenger, who yelled, “You did nothing, but I am going to kick your [expletive deleted] ass,” according to a press release from the Queens District Attorney’s Office.
On Wednesday, Massachusetts resident Robin A. Rhodes approached Delta employee Rabeeya Khan, who was wearing a hijab, as she sat in her office in the Delta Sky Lounge at JFK airport. He allegedly demanded to know if she was “sleeping or praying,” then kicked the door to her office and kicked her in the leg.
“It is alleged, however, that Rhodes followed her and got down on his knees and began to bow down in imitation of a Muslim praying and shouted, ‘[Expletive deleted] Islam, [Expletive deleted] ISIS, Trump is here now. He will get rid of all of you. You can ask Germany, Belgium, and France about these kind of people. You will see what happens,’” said the release. Rhodes has been charged with multiple hate crimes.
The Southern Poverty Law Center counted 1,094 bias-related incidents in the month following the election, with 112 of those being anti-Muslim and 315 anti-immigrant. Many of the attackers cited Trump as an inspiration.
“The bigotry and hatred that the defendant is accused of manifesting and acting upon have no place in a civilized society—especially in Queens County, the most culturally diverse county in the nation,” said Queens district attorney Richard A. Brown. “Crimes of hate will never be tolerated here and when they do, regrettably occur, those responsible will be brought to justice.”
Jaya Saxena is a lifestyle writer and editor whose work focuses primarily on women's issues and web culture. Her writing has appeared in GQ, ELLE, the Toast, the New Yorker, Tthe Hairpin, BuzzFeed, Racked, Eater, Catapult, and others. She is the co-author of 'Dad Magazine,' the author of 'The Book Of Lost Recipes,' and the co-author of 'Basic Witches.'