- How influencers use TikTok to make money and launch careers Thursday 7:18 PM
- How to stream Argentina vs. Brazil live Thursday 6:51 PM
- Miss Fame calls out Justin Bieber for low music video appearance pay offer Thursday 6:19 PM
- Trump Jr. ranked No. 1 on best-seller list—after the GOP gave away copies of his book Thursday 5:45 PM
- Mo’Nique suing Netflix for race and gender discrimination Thursday 5:09 PM
- Students outraged that professors accused of sexual misconduct are still teaching Thursday 5:00 PM
- TikTok users jokingly wear big hats to sneak snacks into movie theaters Thursday 3:59 PM
- Why today’s new facially recognition bill is being called ‘woefully’ inadequate Thursday 3:15 PM
- Facebook has given more user data to the government than ever before Thursday 2:57 PM
- Instagram included in Facebook transparency report for the first time Thursday 1:46 PM
- PayPal pulls out of Pornhub, leaving sex workers to consider cryptocurrency Thursday 1:46 PM
- Billionaires are resorting to making racist jokes against Warren now Thursday 1:30 PM
- What is the meme of the decade? Thursday 1:07 PM
- At least 5 employees resign from GitHub, citing ICE contract Thursday 12:57 PM
- The ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ redesign was led by a ‘Sonic’ artist Thursday 12:17 PM
The Morning GIF: Beer labels get the spins
Tumblr Beer Labels in Motion combines Trevor Carmick’s stunning GIFs with small brew reviews.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
If you think your eyes are deceiving you after a night of hard drinking, don’t worry. Instead of praying to the porcelain god the next morning, artist Trevor Carmick is transforming the beer labels from the night before into stunning animated GIFs.
Carmick is the creator of Beer Labels in Motion, a Tumblr blog where the beer enthusiast takes the labels of his favorite craft beers through subtle and beautifully realistic animations. In each blog post, Carmick also provides a little review of the brew. Take, for example, the GIF and review he did of Great Lakes’ Edmund Fitzgerald Porter in May.
“One of my favorite porters of all time, Edmund Fitzgerald by Great Lakes Brewing Company,” Carmick wrote. “This beer taught me that beer is more than just Bud Light and Miller Lite.”
Since starting the blog on May 11, Carmick has posted about one GIF per week. His most popular to date is of the Heady Topper by The Alchemist in Vermont with 90 notes.
Check out some more of Carmick’s beautiful beer illustrations below.
H/T @eaweiss | Images by Trevor Carmick
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.