- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Barack Obama isn’t remembered for his fashion. But he isn’t remembered for being an outfit repeater, either.
In his post-presidency days, Obama has been spotted in a cool leather jacket (which apparently he owned all along). There was also that one time in 2014 that Twitter went nuts over Obama wearing a tan suit while talking about war.
But in an interview Tuesday at Apple’s developer conference in San Jose, California, Michelle Obama said her husband got away with repeatedly wearing the same tuxedo to different events during his presidency.
“This is the unfair thing,” she said. “No matter what we do, he puts on that same tux. Now, people take pictures of the shoes I wear, the bracelets, the necklace. They didn’t comment that for eight years he wore that same tux… same shoes.”
He did, apparently, acquire a new tuxedo jacket somewhere between 2014 and 2015. But of course that’s nothing like the elaborate dresses and gowns the first lady donned for every occasion. Nevertheless, Barack was supposedly a bit smug about how little time it took him to get ready.
“He was proud of it too,” Michelle said. “He’s like, ‘Mm, I’m ready. I’m ready in 10 minutes. Mm, how long did it take you?’ And I’m like, ‘Get out of here.’”
She doesn’t seem to mind so much—unless something was out of place. She explained why she adjusted her husband’s bow tie in a photo that gained viral traction in 2015.
“When the president from the visiting country and their spouse is coming, we greet them at the North Portico,” she said. “We were standing there waiting for the cars to roll in, and I was bored, so I sort of thought, ‘Let me make sure my husband looks good.’”
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.