- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Barack Obama isn’t remembered for his fashion. But he isn’t remembered for being an outfit repeater, either.
In his post-presidency days, Obama has been spotted in a cool leather jacket (which apparently he owned all along). There was also that one time in 2014 that Twitter went nuts over Obama wearing a tan suit while talking about war.
But in an interview Tuesday at Apple’s developer conference in San Jose, California, Michelle Obama said her husband got away with repeatedly wearing the same tuxedo to different events during his presidency.
“This is the unfair thing,” she said. “No matter what we do, he puts on that same tux. Now, people take pictures of the shoes I wear, the bracelets, the necklace. They didn’t comment that for eight years he wore that same tux… same shoes.”
— Luis Ascorbe (@Lascorbe) June 6, 2017
He did, apparently, acquire a new tuxedo jacket somewhere between 2014 and 2015. But of course that’s nothing like the elaborate dresses and gowns the first lady donned for every occasion. Nevertheless, Barack was supposedly a bit smug about how little time it took him to get ready.
“He was proud of it too,” Michelle said. “He’s like, ‘Mm, I’m ready. I’m ready in 10 minutes. Mm, how long did it take you?’ And I’m like, ‘Get out of here.’”
She doesn’t seem to mind so much—unless something was out of place. She explained why she adjusted her husband’s bow tie in a photo that gained viral traction in 2015.
“When the president from the visiting country and their spouse is coming, we greet them at the North Portico,” she said. “We were standing there waiting for the cars to roll in, and I was bored, so I sort of thought, ‘Let me make sure my husband looks good.’”
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.