- 15 Halloween costumes for pet owners with absolutely no chill 2 Years Ago
- People are celebrating #BiVisibilityDay with art and selfies 2 Years Ago
- Six U.S. cities among the world’s most surveilled places 2 Years Ago
- Facebook page faces backlash for selling ‘Christian yoga certification’ Today 2:03 PM
- A million-mile Tesla battery may be around the corner Today 1:29 PM
- Our 5 favorite AirPod charging cases at every price point Today 1:10 PM
- Amazon Prime almost completely swept the Emmys’ comedy section Today 12:31 PM
- People are outraged that a 6-year-old was arrested for a temper tantrum Today 12:26 PM
- A tropical storm named Karen is sparking jokes about calling the manager Today 12:18 PM
- Patriotic Facebook page reaching millions of Americans is run by Ukrainians Today 12:11 PM
- Review: ‘Color Out of Space’ and the cosmic horror of an uninvited guest Today 11:58 AM
- Snap’s ‘Project Voldemort’ dossier details Facebook’s bullying tactics Today 11:42 AM
- Conservatives compare teen activist Greta Thunberg to Nazi poster girl Today 11:17 AM
- Trump’s immigration czar is upset climate activists are calling out capitalism Today 10:47 AM
- A bunch of popular YouTube channels were the victims of a nasty hack Today 10:10 AM
The former first lady uploaded a photo to Twitter celebrating her and Barack Obama’s 25th anniversary, leaving her “best friend” and husband a sweet message paired with a black and white photo from their wedding.
Naturally, the internet began flooding Michelle’s mentions with adorable GIFs, photos, and memories from the Obamas’eight-year tenure in the White House alongside messages of how missed they are.
For your anniversary we would like to gift you back America. Please come back— Ashley ✨ (@godessofvictry) October 3, 2017
Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples ever!!! 👸🏾🤴🏾 👰🏾🤵🏾May God continue to bless you and your family 💖🙏🏾💖— Tia #DiamondAngel (@YesImWorthIt) October 3, 2017
Dear First Lady and President Obama: We miss the quiet dignity, thoughtfulness & strength you brought 2 the office & ur work 4 all Americans— Pope Charles (@pope_charles6) October 3, 2017
The entire CIVILIZED WORLD misses the grace, intelligence and compassion of the Obamas, now more than ever.#HappyAnniversary— Comedian The DA (@ComedianTheDA) October 3, 2017
Even Sen. Kamala Harris of California chimed in with love for the iconic couple.
Happy Anniversary to my favorite First Couple!! May you enjoy 25+ more years of bliss together. We love you!! 😘🤗❤️❤️— Madam Auntie Kamala Harris (Supporters) (@flywithkamala) October 3, 2017
The former president has yet to share his own message on social media, but judging from past public displays of affection toward his wife, it is sure to be equally amazing. Barack made waves online just last week after he admitted to crying when he dropped off their eldest daughter, Malia, at Harvard for college.
In the meantime, we can bask in the warmth and affection of past photos of the two showing off their #relationshipgoals.
Exhibit A: The couple who bops together, no matter the jam.
Exhibit B: The partner who supports you for you.
Happy Anniversary to an exemplary couple. And y'all are adorable, too. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/fNpTKfdguY— Texas Blue Dot (@tx_blue_dot) October 3, 2017
Exhibit C: When you have each other’s back after a long and stressful workday.
Exhibit D: When you can find the laughter in everything you do.
Exhibit E: When you’re looking good and your husband knows it and owns it.
Seriously, the love between these two is just unreal.
Gosh, genuine love.— Falcon Eldeweiss (@FalconElderweis) October 3, 2017
I wish someone would look at me the way Barry looks at Michelle! Wow!
Happy 25th anniversary my loves.
Barry & Michelle pic.twitter.com/VFVd4DrKND
Danielle Ransom is a journalist who has worked as a researcher for CNN, NBC's KXAN-TV, CBS' KEYE-TV.