- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Donald Trump posted a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 152 for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- People keep calling the ‘Game of Thrones’ creators by their initials—and it’s confusing D&D players Saturday 8:00 AM
- After infidelity and abuse accusations, ProJared said his wife wanted an open marriage Saturday 7:40 AM
- ‘Jailbirds’ prioritizes petty drama over insight Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Deontay Wilder vs. Dominic Breazeale for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to live stream Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk on DAZN Saturday 6:00 AM
- Kim Kardashian West reveals her and Kanye’s 4th child is named Psalm Friday 6:38 PM
- Tan France and Alexa Chung are hosting Netflix’s first fashion show Friday 5:42 PM
- Nonprofit groups express concern with pop-up abortion networks Friday 5:06 PM
- Pet owners mourn Grumpy Cat with photos of their own grumpy pets Friday 4:41 PM
Michael Bublé posts body-shaming photo of woman’s butt on Instagram
The singer is under fire for making denigrating comments about an anonymous woman’s butt on social media.
Michael Bublé is an old-fashioned crooner, in the same vein as Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. But he’s got a pretty modern approach toward body-shaming, if a controversial photo he shared on Instagram this week is any indication.
The photo of Bublé was snapped by his wife Luisana Lopilato in a store in Miami. A woman wearing short shorts is also visible in the background. Bublé couldn’t resist sharing the photo with some commentary.
Although a handful of people immediately called out Bublé for his gross and sexist comments, most of his fans appear to be shaming the woman for her outfit, rather than Bublé himself.
“Lighten up everyone. She obviously dressed herself and almost certainly has a mirror at home. So yes she’s inviting people to look,” one fan wrote. Another added: “He’s a ‘pig’ for admiring, but what is she for wearing that out in public?”
Unless the woman went outside with the express purpose of getting body-shamed by a Canadian jazz singer on Instagram, then we’d say she probably didn’t deserve to be mocked and photographed without her consent. But good job, everyone. Nice work all around.
Screengrab via Michael Buble/YouTube
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.