- Would you buy a Popeyes chicken sandwich from Quavo for $1,000? Today 3:05 PM
- Someone set up a Spider-Man memorial outside D23 Expo Today 2:15 PM
- A$AP Rocky just isn’t texting Trump back Today 1:24 PM
- Hong Kong protesters knock down alleged ‘facial recognition tower’ Today 12:35 PM
- PewDiePie becomes the first YouTuber to hit 100 million subscribers Today 11:35 AM
- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
Dr. Maya Angelou made Tupac cry
Dr. Maya Angelou managed to touch the life of another legend.
In an interview with George Stroumboulopoulos in December 2013, Angelou discussed how she saw everyone as her “children.” She brought up an encounter she had with Shakur on the set of Poetic Justice, a film that incorporated many of her poems.
Shakur was on the verge of getting into a fight with someone when Angelou decided to intervene. She had no idea who he was, but she spoke to him anyway over his shouting. With just a few words, she managed to get through to him.
“Finally he heard me and stopped talking and started to weep,” she recounted.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.