- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free 5 Years Ago
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 5 Years Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
Dr. Maya Angelou managed to touch the life of another legend.
In an interview with George Stroumboulopoulos in December 2013, Angelou discussed how she saw everyone as her “children.” She brought up an encounter she had with Shakur on the set of Poetic Justice, a film that incorporated many of her poems.
Shakur was on the verge of getting into a fight with someone when Angelou decided to intervene. She had no idea who he was, but she spoke to him anyway over his shouting. With just a few words, she managed to get through to him.
“Finally he heard me and stopped talking and started to weep,” she recounted.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.