- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
A man arrested on Sunday for allegedly groping a female passenger on a plane tried to defend his actions to authorities, stating that Trump said: “It’s OK to grab women by their private parts.”
According to the FBI affidavit, an unidentified woman who was sitting in front of Alexander felt a hand reach from behind and grab her right breast about 15 to 20 minutes after she fell asleep. She initially brushed it off as an accident, but it happened again 30 minutes later. This time the hand squeezed her elbow, then groped around her ribs and breast. According to the criminal complaint, she then stood up, told the man she didn’t know why he thought it was OK to touch her, and asked to be moved to a different seat. Southwest employees contacted law enforcement, and they were ready and waiting for the man when the flight landed in Albuquerque. He was arrested on the spot.
The man was identified by authorities as 49-year-old Bruce Michael Alexander. After being handcuffed and placed in a police vehicle, the FBI agent who interviewed him said he cited Trump to defend his sexual misconduct.
Alexander was likely referencing the 2005 tape from Access Hollywood that leaked weeks before the presidential election. The tape captured Trump making lewd comments about grabbing and touching women, including his instructions to “grab them by the pussy.”
“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful, I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything,” Trump said on the tape.
People are rightfully angered by Alexander’s defense, but also by the environment that has been created by the president bragging about grabbing women without their consent.
A Florida man sexually assaulted a woman bc “the president said it’s ok to grab women by the private parts” if you don’t believe the shit trump says is dangerous or has any impact on the American people you are delusional— Kelly ☀️ (@kxllyz) October 23, 2018
After a man got arrested for groping a woman on an airplane, he literally said “THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES SAYS ITS OK TO GRAB WOMEN BY THE PUSSY” aaaaand I’m fucking done.— vixxenღ (@littlekierstan) October 22, 2018
However, authorities weren’t so convinced by Alexander’s excuse. He remains in custody, with his preliminary hearing scheduled for today. If he is convicted, he could face up to two years in prison and a $250,000 fine.
H/T BuzzFeed News
Alex Dalbey is a writer and zinester currently living in Saint Paul, Minnesota. They have written for The Daily Dot, Kill Screen, The Lingerie Addict, and Bullet Points.