- ‘Breaking Bad’ movie will show us what happened to Jesse Pinkman Today 9:39 AM
- How to stream ROH Wrestling’s Honor For All Today 7:30 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Titans in NFL preseason action Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Good Eats: The Return’ online Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6 Today 6:00 AM
- Your best bets for finding discounted and refurbished Airpods Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Real Betis Saturday 11:31 PM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle Saturday 11:21 PM
- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
Teens are sucking on bottle caps so they can look like Kylie Jenner
The results are terrifying.
Inspired by her trout pout, Jenner’s fans have uncovered a strategy for getting fuller lips: sucking on bottle caps or shot glasses to drain the air out of their lips and make them look plumper.
The technique (if one can call it that) is pretty straightforward: Put a small cup over your lips, suck in to get all the air out, and wait until your lips start to swell up. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge is blowing up on Twitter, with teens posting photos from tutorials that promise plumper puckers.
Teens have been posting their “before” and “after” shots on social media. Some of the results are disturbing, to say the least.
For the record, there are far less painful ways to achieve plump, Kylie Jenner-inspired lips without literally sucking the air out of them. There are also a number of makeup tutorials that teach you how to apply lipliner to achieve a similar effect.
Or you could just suck on a bottle cap and make it look like your lips are two Babybel red wax wraps. Either one.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.