- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit 4 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free 4 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
- Hackers got control of Dylan Sprouse’s Twitter account, posted offensive content Monday 7:38 PM
- Twitch is suing the trolls who flooded the platform with porn and Christchurch shooting footage Monday 6:55 PM
- Cat filter turns Pakistani politicians’ press conference into frisky business Monday 6:12 PM
- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Monday 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Monday 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Monday 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Monday 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Monday 3:03 PM
The results are terrifying.
Inspired by her trout pout, Jenner’s fans have uncovered a strategy for getting fuller lips: sucking on bottle caps or shot glasses to drain the air out of their lips and make them look plumper.
The technique (if one can call it that) is pretty straightforward: Put a small cup over your lips, suck in to get all the air out, and wait until your lips start to swell up. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge is blowing up on Twitter, with teens posting photos from tutorials that promise plumper puckers.
Teens have been posting their “before” and “after” shots on social media. Some of the results are disturbing, to say the least.
For the record, there are far less painful ways to achieve plump, Kylie Jenner-inspired lips without literally sucking the air out of them. There are also a number of makeup tutorials that teach you how to apply lipliner to achieve a similar effect.
Or you could just suck on a bottle cap and make it look like your lips are two Babybel red wax wraps. Either one.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.