- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
Teens are sucking on bottle caps so they can look like Kylie Jenner
The results are terrifying.
Inspired by her trout pout, Jenner’s fans have uncovered a strategy for getting fuller lips: sucking on bottle caps or shot glasses to drain the air out of their lips and make them look plumper.
The technique (if one can call it that) is pretty straightforward: Put a small cup over your lips, suck in to get all the air out, and wait until your lips start to swell up. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge is blowing up on Twitter, with teens posting photos from tutorials that promise plumper puckers.
Teens have been posting their “before” and “after” shots on social media. Some of the results are disturbing, to say the least.
For the record, there are far less painful ways to achieve plump, Kylie Jenner-inspired lips without literally sucking the air out of them. There are also a number of makeup tutorials that teach you how to apply lipliner to achieve a similar effect.
Or you could just suck on a bottle cap and make it look like your lips are two Babybel red wax wraps. Either one.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.