- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Thursday 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Thursday 10:43 AM
The results are terrifying.
Inspired by her trout pout, Jenner’s fans have uncovered a strategy for getting fuller lips: sucking on bottle caps or shot glasses to drain the air out of their lips and make them look plumper.
The technique (if one can call it that) is pretty straightforward: Put a small cup over your lips, suck in to get all the air out, and wait until your lips start to swell up. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge is blowing up on Twitter, with teens posting photos from tutorials that promise plumper puckers.
Teens have been posting their “before” and “after” shots on social media. Some of the results are disturbing, to say the least.
For the record, there are far less painful ways to achieve plump, Kylie Jenner-inspired lips without literally sucking the air out of them. There are also a number of makeup tutorials that teach you how to apply lipliner to achieve a similar effect.
Or you could just suck on a bottle cap and make it look like your lips are two Babybel red wax wraps. Either one.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.