- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers Today 2:37 PM
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president Today 2:30 PM
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Today 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Today 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Today 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Today 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Today 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Today 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Today 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Today 11:32 AM
- Covington students defend blackface video as ‘school spirit’ Today 11:30 AM
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active Today 11:18 AM
- Dodie Clark hid a secret song in her videos Today 11:08 AM
- YouTube TV is finally available in your city Today 11:03 AM
- Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter Today 10:21 AM
The results are terrifying.
Inspired by her trout pout, Jenner’s fans have uncovered a strategy for getting fuller lips: sucking on bottle caps or shot glasses to drain the air out of their lips and make them look plumper.
The technique (if one can call it that) is pretty straightforward: Put a small cup over your lips, suck in to get all the air out, and wait until your lips start to swell up. The #KylieJennerLipChallenge is blowing up on Twitter, with teens posting photos from tutorials that promise plumper puckers.
Teens have been posting their “before” and “after” shots on social media. Some of the results are disturbing, to say the least.
For the record, there are far less painful ways to achieve plump, Kylie Jenner-inspired lips without literally sucking the air out of them. There are also a number of makeup tutorials that teach you how to apply lipliner to achieve a similar effect.
Or you could just suck on a bottle cap and make it look like your lips are two Babybel red wax wraps. Either one.
Illustration by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.