- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer 5 Years Ago
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda 5 Years Ago
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Today 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Today 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Today 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Today 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Today 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Today 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Today 11:10 AM
- James Charles is rebounding from his YouTube scandal—and his mentor is paying the price Today 10:42 AM
- Conservatives accuse Pete Buttigieg of wanting to tear down Jefferson Memorial Today 10:28 AM
- Graduating Moorehouse students thank billionaire for vowing to pay off $40m in student debt Today 10:22 AM
- ‘Westworld’ season 3 trailer gives us a new world, Aaron Paul Today 10:17 AM
- Twitch streamer says she’s receiving backlash for ‘getting men banned’ Today 9:27 AM
The woman with the ‘Most Instagrammed Butt’ gives a face-to-face interview
Behind the scenes with fitness blogger Jen Selter.
Butt selfies have recently been thrust into the Internet’s collective consciousness, and one of the most prominent figures is Instagram fitness blogger Jen Selter. The 20-year-old New Yorker currently holds the title for “World’s Most Instagrammed Ass.”
But who is the woman behind the behind? Selter recently gave a rare video interview to Barcroft TV, in which she expressed surprise at her posterior’s popularity, and detailed the butt bullying that’s followed with her rising Internet profile:
“With every picture I add, if it has a little butt in it, I get ‘fake butt,’ ‘butt implants,’ ‘Photoshop.’ I could go on and on. It doesn’t offend me. I know my butt is real and it’s hard work. You can’t fake fitness.”
Some other highlights: The three men watching her walk by and biting their fists, Lenny and Squiggy-style, proclaiming, “It’s bigger than Kim’s!”
Selter says that even though Rihanna is now following her on Instagram, this isn’t about fame, but getting people into the gym and focusing on health. Still, her Internet cache can’t be denied. Much like #Lawrencing, #Riccing, and #LeBroning, #Seltering is now a hashtag people use on Twitter. It’s a movement. But for how long?
Screengrab via Barcroft TV/YouTube
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.