- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca 2 Years Ago
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds 2 Years Ago
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot 2 Years Ago
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Today 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Today 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Today 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Today 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Today 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Today 10:52 AM
- Would Hitler be allowed to tweet? Today 10:21 AM
- Twitch star Amouranth caught driving while streaming Today 9:26 AM
- John Mulaney rails on e-scooters after ‘baby boomer’ nearly hits his dog Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Newcastle Today 9:00 AM
- How to stream Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia Today 9:00 AM
- ‘Bully. Coward. Victim.’ dives deep into the life of an ‘evil’ man Today 8:42 AM
Ice cream makeup is now a freaky, fresh summer thing
It’s melty, creamy, and kind of makes you hungry.
Summer’s in full swing, and that means the makeup-melting temperatures are here to stay. But if you’re feeling the need to hang up your brushes till things cool off, some of YouTube and Instagram’s top makeup gurus have a sweet look to try before you do: Ice cream makeup tutorials are here to show you how to master the perfect eclectic summer look.
Ice cream makeup is definitely this year’s most playful trend so far, featuring deliciously realistic, brightly colored “melting” ice cream dripping down artists’ foreheads and cheeks, accessorized with things like drawn-on sprinkles, bits of cone, and candies.
YouTuber Madeyewlook, known for her ultrarealistic and super-creepy horror makeup, posted a step-by-step of the look way back in 2014, and YouTuber and Instagrammer Desi Perkins posted a tutorial for Halloween 2016, but the look is just now hitting Instagram.
The resurgence in ice cream makeup’s popularity seems to be thanks to Reddit user hiimkaylaa, who posted her version, which involved not only “ice cream” on her face, but also ice cream cone accessories filled with Play-Doh, on June 14. Now, tons of ‘grammars posting their unique takes on this makeover treat.
And, since Instagram always pushes trends to the peak of creativity, some folks have moved beyond drawn-on accouterments and have used actual sprinkles, actual cones for hairpieces, and sparkles to glam up the already eye-catching look.
Check out some of the most creative ice cream makeup Instagrams below.
These makeup artists’ snaps are total inspiration, and luckily we have just the tutorial to get you started creating your own ice cream makeup.
Desi Perkins on YouTube
More product tips for crafting this look come from hiimkaylaa, who shared her full list (Play-Doh aside) in her Reddit thread. Products she used included: Sephora’s Make Up For Ever Flash Palette for her face and lips; the Morphe x KathleenLights eyeshadow palette for shading; SFX gelatin drips; and Milani Conceal + Perfect foundation.
This trend seems to be just getting started, so keep an eye on the #icecreammakeup tag on Instagram for more summer sweetness.
This story originally appeared on Bustle and has been republished with permission.