- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Tuesday 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting (updated) Tuesday 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Tuesday 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Tuesday 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Tuesday 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Tuesday 10:56 AM
This is what sleep deprivation does to your face. It’s not pretty.
More than just your brain function can be harmed by lack of sleep.
Are you getting enough sleep? Nearly 30 percent of Americans are sleep-deprived, and it takes a toll on more than just your brain. A new video by BuzzFeed shows how a short night’s sleep can change your face in the long run.
The video features four people who are admittedly not getting enough daily sleep. A makeup artist adds what they’ll look like 20 years from now if they keep up their low-sleeping habits. While the participants think they can trick the cognitive effects of sleep deprivation with caffeine, the skin effects are much more daunting.
After they transform, even the subjects who said they would never strive to get much sleep are changing their tune. It has to be said, however, that the 20 year aging might be a tad dramatic. Crows feet and wrinkles are a function of gravity and time, not just lack of sleep. However, that definitely expedites the process and provides a rude awakening for these light sleepers.
Screengrab via BuzzFeed / YouTube
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.