- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials 6 Years Ago
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars 6 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free 6 Years Ago
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama 6 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Social networking site Ravelry bans all posts that are supportive of Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
- Think you have what it takes to be Beyoncé’s assistant for the day? Sunday 1:02 PM
- Facebook co-founder warns against Libra, the company’s new cryptocurrency Sunday 12:04 PM
- Missing YouTuber Etika’s belongings found alongside bridge Sunday 9:16 AM
Have 10,000 Instagram followers? You could stay at this hotel for free
A new hotel in Australia was designed with an Instagram filter in mind.
A new boutique hotel in Sydney, Australia will let you stay for free if you have more than 10,000 Instagram followers.
The 1888 Hotel, at five stories and with views from every window, was built with all decor and other elements to be thoroughly “Instagram-worthy,” according to the Daily Mail. If that sounds hip, wait until you hear the rest of the accommodations.
In the hotel’s entrance, there’s a selfies spot, where users can post a photo of their check-in, and a digital mural of all Instagram-taken photos on site. Named after the year in which Kodak released its first box and roll camera, the hotel is part of a chain called 8Hotels that promises “eclectic, fun, and stylish” stays. Every aspect of the luxury building was curated to look good with a Mayfair filter
In each room, there’s a free iPad with Wi-Fi for guests to use, so they can upload to Instagram on more than one device. If you have more than 10,000 followers on Instagram, or if you take the best pictures while staying at the hotel, you’re able to win a free night’s stay there.
To enter, guests must hashtag all photos #1888hotel. The future is now, and it could all be captured in nostalgia filters.
H/T Design Taxi | Photo via 1888 Hotel
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.