- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists 6 Years Ago
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them 6 Years Ago
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Today 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Today 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Today 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Today 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Today 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Today 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Today 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Today 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Today 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
Have 10,000 Instagram followers? You could stay at this hotel for free
A new hotel in Australia was designed with an Instagram filter in mind.
A new boutique hotel in Sydney, Australia will let you stay for free if you have more than 10,000 Instagram followers.
The 1888 Hotel, at five stories and with views from every window, was built with all decor and other elements to be thoroughly “Instagram-worthy,” according to the Daily Mail. If that sounds hip, wait until you hear the rest of the accommodations.
In the hotel’s entrance, there’s a selfies spot, where users can post a photo of their check-in, and a digital mural of all Instagram-taken photos on site. Named after the year in which Kodak released its first box and roll camera, the hotel is part of a chain called 8Hotels that promises “eclectic, fun, and stylish” stays. Every aspect of the luxury building was curated to look good with a Mayfair filter
In each room, there’s a free iPad with Wi-Fi for guests to use, so they can upload to Instagram on more than one device. If you have more than 10,000 followers on Instagram, or if you take the best pictures while staying at the hotel, you’re able to win a free night’s stay there.
To enter, guests must hashtag all photos #1888hotel. The future is now, and it could all be captured in nostalgia filters.
H/T Design Taxi | Photo via 1888 Hotel
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.