- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
Have 10,000 Instagram followers? You could stay at this hotel for free
A new hotel in Australia was designed with an Instagram filter in mind.
A new boutique hotel in Sydney, Australia will let you stay for free if you have more than 10,000 Instagram followers.
The 1888 Hotel, at five stories and with views from every window, was built with all decor and other elements to be thoroughly “Instagram-worthy,” according to the Daily Mail. If that sounds hip, wait until you hear the rest of the accommodations.
In the hotel’s entrance, there’s a selfies spot, where users can post a photo of their check-in, and a digital mural of all Instagram-taken photos on site. Named after the year in which Kodak released its first box and roll camera, the hotel is part of a chain called 8Hotels that promises “eclectic, fun, and stylish” stays. Every aspect of the luxury building was curated to look good with a Mayfair filter
In each room, there’s a free iPad with Wi-Fi for guests to use, so they can upload to Instagram on more than one device. If you have more than 10,000 followers on Instagram, or if you take the best pictures while staying at the hotel, you’re able to win a free night’s stay there.
To enter, guests must hashtag all photos #1888hotel. The future is now, and it could all be captured in nostalgia filters.
H/T Design Taxi | Photo via 1888 Hotel
Gaby Dunn is an actress, comedian, and blogger who covered YouTube for the Daily Dot. Since 2016, she’s hosted the podcast ‘Bad with Money,’ and operates a successful YouTube channel. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times, the Boston Globe, Vice, and Salon.