- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
- How to watch ‘American Idol’ season 18 Saturday 2:00 PM
- James Blake defends girlfriend Jameela Jamil amid allegations she’s faking her illnesses Saturday 1:46 PM
- Viral video purports to show doctors with guns amid coronavirus outbreak Saturday 1:07 PM
10 of the best rainbow GIFs for celebrating marriage equality
Nothing says ‘marriage equality’ like a unicorn puking out a rainbow.
But as the Court’s ruling reads: “Changed understandings of marriage are characteristic of a Nation where new dimensions of freedom become apparent to new generations.”
To help celebrate these “new dimensions of freedom,” we’ve rounded up some of the best rainbow-themed gifs to post to Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr. They’re the perfect responses to all those “God will not be mocked” tweets we’ve been hearing so much about.
You need a sparkly rainbow, you say? To really make the point stick? Got you covered.
Feel free to take it to the limit with the help of your Adventure Time pals.
Or another rainbow-lovin’ animated buddy, Spongebob.
Want a psychedelic-hued animal to help you get the message across? Try this unicorn barfing up a rainbow.
Or this one.
Tell everyone how you’ll react if faced with any anti-rainbow rantings.
Or just chill out with this mellow moodring-esque rainbow gif.
Finally, no matter how you want to spread the #LoveWins glory today, remember: If you see a particularly rude, bigoted tweet that fills you with rage, don’t express your anger in writing. Say it instead with two sparkly unicorns doin’ it in all their rainbow-glory.
Photo via Guillaume Palmier/Flickr (CC BY 2.)
Kasia Pilat is a multimedia journalist who worked with the Daily Dot while completing her thesis project with New York University. She's also contributed to WNYC, the Guardian U.S., and Paste Magazine. In 2016, she was a finalist for the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award for her multimedia website What Is Home?.