- Parked Tesla Model S bursts into flames in shocking video Today 3:12 PM
- Fortnite is getting an Avengers Endgame event Today 2:44 PM
- The living are facing the end of the world in the latest ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 2:37 PM
- The best Korean beauty toners for your skincare routine Today 2:33 PM
- Warren’s plan to cancel student debt stimulates the bad-take economy Today 2:27 PM
- Video shows Easter Bunny punching man on sidewalk Today 2:09 PM
- The 7 best lubes for when you wanna do butt stuff Today 2:00 PM
- 11 best sex toys under $35 to blow your mind Today 1:30 PM
- Twitch streamer inadvertently documents all the times she was sexually, verbally harassed on vacation Today 1:12 PM
- Raptors coach Nick Nurse becomes a relatable meme Today 1:12 PM
- Man wears bandage that blends in with his skin tone, and Twitter has all the feelings Today 12:55 PM
- The 8 best Korean sunscreens to add to your bag Today 12:15 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ commercials drop a few big spoilers Today 11:58 AM
- 11 party games for people sick of playing Cards Against Humanity Today 11:45 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy makes the most Curvy Wife Guy pregnancy announcement Today 11:31 AM
14 photos of gay couples getting married that’ll make you believe in love
Friday, June 26, 2015 was a historic day in the United States of America. The Supreme Court ruled, in a 5-4 decision, that it was legal for same-sex couples in all 50 states to be married. There were lots of tears, smiles, hugs, and enough beautiful photos to fuel the nation on pure elation.
Couples lined up at courthouses around the country to be joined in holy matrimony recognized by the federal government.
Some couples celebrated outside the courthouse. Others shared photos on Instagram from their past marriages or commitment ceremonies. And some just celebrated from the comfort of their own homes.
My uncles have been together for 38 years this year. This is a picture of their commitment ceremony in October 2013 and now they can finally be legal. Today is for everyone, I know that. But I’m really ecstatic for couples like this who have outlasted a million straight divorced couples and have always only wanted to be able to show their love as others can. I’m gonna stop crying on the bus now…or not. #marriageequality ❤🌈💍😭😄
A photo posted by melissa oh! (@melissaooh) on
A photo posted by #KingSERGIO (@_king_sergio_) on
A photo posted by 🐶👦🏻👨🏻 (@henrique1325) on
A photo posted by Michelle Tureaud™ (@michelletureaud) on
A photo posted by Rock the Vote (@rockthevote) on
Woo! So happy with the Supreme Court and their decision to allow everyone to be married! #lovewins ❤️💛💚💙💜 🌈 👩❤️👩💑👨❤️👨 Makeup: @almalexiaa Photographer: @indigowallbreaker (on tumblr) she got some great pictures too while the other photographer was working the same time. #themoreyouknow #marriageequality #equalmarriage #usa #supremecourt #samesexmarriage #makinghistory #happiness #cantbelieveit #congrats #50states #gay #lesbian #lgbt #equality #proposal #engagement #engaged #kirk #spock #spirk #spirkgagement #animenext2015
A photo posted by allyson_krystyne (@allyson_krystyne) on
A photo posted by Tyler Cumella (@bill_pillgrim_) on
A photo posted by Brenda Dargan-Levy (@bdargs) on
A photo posted by Derrick Bassett (@derrickdbassett) on
Today, history was made. Finally, in all 50 States gay marriage is legal as it should be. When my dad came out to me when I was 10 years-old he told me he doesn’t want a label because of the person he loved. I respect him so much for being proud of who he loves. #lovewins #gaymarriage #equalrights #fbf #history #gayrights #equality #marriageequality #loveislove ❤️💛💚💙💜🌈
A photo posted by Kaitlyn Anne⚓ (@kayrobbs) on
A photo posted by Hayley Ross (@hayleyross_) on
And one couple shared their special story in a touching video.
Photo via litten82/Instagram
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.