- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Last week, Gary James, the owner of Oklahoma City restaurant Gary’s Chicaros, made national headlines when he told a local TV station that he refused to serve “f**gots” and other assorted “freaks.”
“I really don’t want gays around,” James said. “Any man that would compromise his own body would comprise anything.”
While James very well might not want “gays” to patronize his establishment, thanks to a bunch of tongue-in-cheek Yelp and Facebook commenters, they might be heading there anyway.
To retaliate against James’s homophobic remarks, Yelp commenters are waging an online campaign to make Gary’s Chicaro’s seem like the kind of wild, raunchy, uber-sex-positive, ultra-kinky establishment SNL’s Stefon would frequent. For the past week, commenters have been flooding the restaurant’s Yelp and Facebook pages with reviews praising James’ role as proprietor of the sparkliest, sweatiest, sluttiest, and all-around most fab gay bar this side of the Ozarks.
Here’s a sampling of some of Gary’s finest reviews (note: after reading them, you might be depressed that this place doesn’t actually exist).
Screengrabs via Gary’s Chicaros/Facebook
“People are flying in from all over to witness this #epicenter of #Gayness.”
“I’m a little concerned about the size of the glory holes in the men’s restroom.”
“The alcohol flowed like the hot bodies, free and wild.”
Screengrabs via Chicaro Club/Yelp
Not all of Gary’s reviews were glowing, however:
H/T Raw Story | Photo by RenoTahoe/Flickr (CC BY NC-ND 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.