- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Last week, Gary James, the owner of Oklahoma City restaurant Gary’s Chicaros, made national headlines when he told a local TV station that he refused to serve “f**gots” and other assorted “freaks.”
“I really don’t want gays around,” James said. “Any man that would compromise his own body would comprise anything.”
While James very well might not want “gays” to patronize his establishment, thanks to a bunch of tongue-in-cheek Yelp and Facebook commenters, they might be heading there anyway.
To retaliate against James’s homophobic remarks, Yelp commenters are waging an online campaign to make Gary’s Chicaro’s seem like the kind of wild, raunchy, uber-sex-positive, ultra-kinky establishment SNL’s Stefon would frequent. For the past week, commenters have been flooding the restaurant’s Yelp and Facebook pages with reviews praising James’ role as proprietor of the sparkliest, sweatiest, sluttiest, and all-around most fab gay bar this side of the Ozarks.
Here’s a sampling of some of Gary’s finest reviews (note: after reading them, you might be depressed that this place doesn’t actually exist).
Screengrabs via Gary’s Chicaros/Facebook
“People are flying in from all over to witness this #epicenter of #Gayness.”
“I’m a little concerned about the size of the glory holes in the men’s restroom.”
“The alcohol flowed like the hot bodies, free and wild.”
Screengrabs via Chicaro Club/Yelp
Not all of Gary’s reviews were glowing, however:
H/T Raw Story | Photo by RenoTahoe/Flickr (CC BY NC-ND 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.