- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
IRL Twitch streamer Elliegato had an extremely unpleasant experience while walking the streets of Tokyo, Japan. She was followed and grabbed by a man during a broadcast.
Ellie Li’s Twitch channel states that she is originally from Australia and only started streaming in early June after moving to Tokyo. Despite her short streaming career, Li has already had a brush with a major risk present while IRL Twitch streaming.
On her stream, Li is seen walking through a street while interacting with her chat. A man in a white shirt can be seen following her. As the stream continues, the man walks closer and closer to Li–and she takes notice. Eventually, the man is so close to Li that he is underneath the umbrella that she is holding.
When the man continues to follow Li and eventually tries to grab her by the arm, she starts to yell at him and he quickly runs away from view. “I feel so disgusted right now,” a noticeably upset Li says as she continues down the street.
In her Discord server, Li clarified the situation: She confirmed that she did not think the man was pursuing her with the intention of robbing her. Li said that the man “was looking at me with that smirk (that) said something along the lines of ‘Wait, I wanna talk’ as he grabbed me.”
This is not the first time something like this has during a stream. Andy Milonakis had a lengthy interaction with a stranger on the street who seemed to be attempting to lure him to a secondary location. The man proceeded to chase him when Andy did not wish to comply.
Following the incident, Li’s channel was banned. The reason for the ban is unspecified but viewers on Elliegato’s channel during the time of the ban say that it could’ve possibly been for the “sexual attire” she was wearing at a club later on that night.
“If there’s a chance for me to write anything when I apply for partnership I’ll mention that the ban was for when I was wearing shorts but seemingly were mistaken for underwear,” wrote Elliegato on the possibility of appealing the ban.
As of the time of publication, Elliegato’s Twitch channel is back up.
- Bernie Sanders just joined Twitch
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder
- A Twitch streamer captured the moment his friend nearly got pickpocketed
- Poker-playing Twitch star dies after being electrocuted in bathroom
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.