- Woman says Lyft driver tried to kidnap her 5 Months Ago
- Debunking the right-wing conspiracy theories from today’s impeachment hearing Today 4:29 PM
- Maroon 5 approves of the latest TikTok trend Today 3:54 PM
- ‘One month left in the decade’ meme wants to know what you’ve accomplished Today 3:53 PM
- Facebook Pay is the latest way to send your friends money Today 3:31 PM
- Diving into ‘The Mandalorian’s first big shocker Today 3:17 PM
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent Today 1:12 PM
- Black server says manager refused to discipline coworkers who sent racist receipt Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Jonah Hauer-King, Disney’s new Prince Eric? Today 12:47 PM
- Cut Katherine Langford ‘Avengers: Endgame’ scene lands on Disney+ Today 12:22 PM
- Planned Parenthood app to show abortion-seeking users their nearest options Today 12:21 PM
- ‘The Imagineering Story’ offers touching insight into Walt Disney’s vision Today 11:57 AM
- YouTube mom who was charged with child abuse dead at 48 Today 11:39 AM
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up) Today 11:35 AM
- HBO Max is planning a ‘Friends’ reunion special Today 11:10 AM
IRL Twitch streamer Elliegato had an extremely unpleasant experience while walking the streets of Tokyo, Japan. She was followed and grabbed by a man during a broadcast.
Ellie Li’s Twitch channel states that she is originally from Australia and only started streaming in early June after moving to Tokyo. Despite her short streaming career, Li has already had a brush with a major risk present while IRL Twitch streaming.
On her stream, Li is seen walking through a street while interacting with her chat. A man in a white shirt can be seen following her. As the stream continues, the man walks closer and closer to Li–and she takes notice. Eventually, the man is so close to Li that he is underneath the umbrella that she is holding.
When the man continues to follow Li and eventually tries to grab her by the arm, she starts to yell at him and he quickly runs away from view. “I feel so disgusted right now,” a noticeably upset Li says as she continues down the street.
In her Discord server, Li clarified the situation: She confirmed that she did not think the man was pursuing her with the intention of robbing her. Li said that the man “was looking at me with that smirk (that) said something along the lines of ‘Wait, I wanna talk’ as he grabbed me.”
This is not the first time something like this has during a stream. Andy Milonakis had a lengthy interaction with a stranger on the street who seemed to be attempting to lure him to a secondary location. The man proceeded to chase him when Andy did not wish to comply.
Following the incident, Li’s channel was banned. The reason for the ban is unspecified but viewers on Elliegato’s channel during the time of the ban say that it could’ve possibly been for the “sexual attire” she was wearing at a club later on that night.
“If there’s a chance for me to write anything when I apply for partnership I’ll mention that the ban was for when I was wearing shorts but seemingly were mistaken for underwear,” wrote Elliegato on the possibility of appealing the ban.
As of the time of publication, Elliegato’s Twitch channel is back up.
- Bernie Sanders just joined Twitch
- League of Legends streamer busted live by girlfriend after she finds his Tinder
- A Twitch streamer captured the moment his friend nearly got pickpocketed
- Poker-playing Twitch star dies after being electrocuted in bathroom
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Ignacio Martinez is a journalism student at the University of Texas at Austin and an intern at the Daily Dot. His work has appeared in the Texas Observer and on the airwaves at KVRX 91.7 FM.