- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
So many hours are spent planning engagement proposals. From buying the ring, exacting the execution, and getting someone to nonchalantly document the whole thing, the pressure to get a proposal just right is daunting.
So I can’t imagine what it must feel like to be in the middle of a genius proposal, just to turn around and see your significant other down on one knee with a ring box in hand.
On Sunday, a Twitter user named Sydney posted this double whammy of an engagement proposal between her two friends Berkley and Tori. In the video, the proposal attendees are playing a game of Pictionary as Berkley appears to “draw out” her proposal to Tori. However, as she’s busy doodling her love on the drawing board, Tori gets down on one knee behind her, leaving Berkley speechless, jaw dropped, when she turns around and realizes what’s going on.
Berkley stands in stunned silence as someone off camera yells, “Show her, Berk! Show her!” So Berkley reaches over, grabs another ring box, and opens it, leaving Tori speechless and in tears as she gets on one knee herself.
“We kept this secret from each other…” Berkley begins to say.
“For so long!” Tori completes the sentence.
Yep, looks like this “ruined” engagement only got better for the both of them.
Watch the entire video below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.