- Wall Street Journal website hacked with ‘apology’ to PewDiePie 4 Years Ago
- YouTube star James Charles feels ‘unsafe’ after home address leaks Today 12:28 PM
- Jordan Peterson claims he’s building an alternative to Patreon Today 12:19 PM
- We might finally see a same-sex Barbie set, thanks to this couple’s Instagram post Today 12:16 PM
- Tumblr’s porn ban is here—and Twitter’s mourning it with memes Today 11:58 AM
- Facebook blocks article on Yemeni crisis over photo of starving child Today 11:55 AM
- Netflix reveals all-star voice cast for ‘Dark Crystal’ prequel Today 11:51 AM
- Netflix warns users to be cautious of new phishing scam Today 11:04 AM
- 8 last-minute gift ideas that are popular on Amazon Today 11:00 AM
- PewDiePie takes big lead in subscription race after YouTube deletes spam Today 10:56 AM
- RIP, delivery robot that spontaneously caught fire Today 10:54 AM
- Netflix plans to release 90 original movies in 2019 Today 10:44 AM
- The first trans Miss Universe contestant didn’t win the crown, but she won the internet Today 10:19 AM
- Your 2018 master shopping guide to holiday gift guides Today 10:15 AM
- Meet the woman who got plastic surgery to match her filtered selfies Today 10:02 AM
In honor of #NationalDonutDay, we celebrate the glory of the pastry with a hole in it.
Whether they’re in the form of the Spanish churros, Polish pączki, French beignets, fritters, or globs (we’ll get to those later), donuts are the best. If you’re eating them, you’re usually having a great time.
There’ll be plenty of places to get free donuts today — it is #NationalDonutDay, after all — but this handy map will tell you where to get the most delicious donuts in the country, no matter where you live.
Below, we highlight five donuts that have got our Spidey taste buds tingling:
1101 Lemay Ferry Rd, Lemay, MO 63125
This place has got something called the cinnamon glob that needs to get in our mouths STAT.
Glam Doll Donuts
2605 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
We’re ready to try the Chart Topper: It’s got peanut butter and sriracha and yum all over.
448 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205
These rich, glaze-covered creations have crazy flavors like passionfruit, hibiscus and blood orange.
5107 York Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90065
We don’t know what’s better, the names of these donuts or the flavors they conceal: Lemon Weapon has blueberry and mint; Bacon 182 has a maple glaze.
1560 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60622
The lemon pistachio old fashioned doughnut is to die for, their apple fritters are huge and they’ve got a peanut butter banana pocket, which is exactly what it sounds like, in doughnut form. Delicious, delicious doughnut form.
Photo via Salim Virji/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Kasia Pilat is a multimedia journalist who worked with the Daily Dot while completing her thesis project with New York University. She's also contributed to WNYC, the Guardian U.S., and Paste Magazine. In 2016, she was a finalist for the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award for her multimedia website What Is Home?.