- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Monday 11:10 AM
In honor of #NationalDonutDay, we celebrate the glory of the pastry with a hole in it.
Whether they’re in the form of the Spanish churros, Polish pączki, French beignets, fritters, or globs (we’ll get to those later), donuts are the best. If you’re eating them, you’re usually having a great time.
There’ll be plenty of places to get free donuts today — it is #NationalDonutDay, after all — but this handy map will tell you where to get the most delicious donuts in the country, no matter where you live.
Below, we highlight five donuts that have got our Spidey taste buds tingling:
1101 Lemay Ferry Rd, Lemay, MO 63125
This place has got something called the cinnamon glob that needs to get in our mouths STAT.
Glam Doll Donuts
2605 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55408
We’re ready to try the Chart Topper: It’s got peanut butter and sriracha and yum all over.
448 Lafayette Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205
These rich, glaze-covered creations have crazy flavors like passionfruit, hibiscus and blood orange.
5107 York Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90065
We don’t know what’s better, the names of these donuts or the flavors they conceal: Lemon Weapon has blueberry and mint; Bacon 182 has a maple glaze.
1560 N Damen Ave, Chicago, IL 60622
The lemon pistachio old fashioned doughnut is to die for, their apple fritters are huge and they’ve got a peanut butter banana pocket, which is exactly what it sounds like, in doughnut form. Delicious, delicious doughnut form.
Photo via Salim Virji/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
Kasia Pilat is a multimedia journalist who worked with the Daily Dot while completing her thesis project with New York University. She's also contributed to WNYC, the Guardian U.S., and Paste Magazine. In 2016, she was a finalist for the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award for her multimedia website What Is Home?.