- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas 11 Months Ago
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization 11 Months Ago
- A YouTuber simulated a mass shooting from his hotel room—and then posted the videos 11 Months Ago
- Trump tries another ‘Simpsons’ defense as impeachment articles drop 11 Months Ago
- ‘Rick and Morty’ attempts to contain its dragon with mixed results in episode 4 Today 9:24 AM
- James Comey puts ‘Fox & Friends’ on blast Today 8:54 AM
- Nick Cannon’s latest Eminem diss is not working out for him Today 8:27 AM
- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go Today 7:00 AM
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
Ohio doctor tweeted she would purposefully give Jewish patients wrong meds (updated)
Lara Kollab’s twitter has since been deactivated.
Years-old anti-Semitic tweets from a doctor in Cleveland, Ohio are resurfacing online, notably an upsetting tweet that she would purposefully give her Jewish patients the wrong medicine. The Cleveland Clinic said in a statement on Monday that Lara Kollab was a supervised resident at the clinic from July to September 2018 but is no longer with them.
“She is no longer working at Cleveland Clinic. In no way do these beliefs reflect those of our organization,” the statement says. “We fully embrace diversity, inclusion and a culture of safety and respect across our entire health system.”
“hahha ewww.. ill purposely give all the yahood [Jews] the wrong meds…” she reportedly wrote in a tweet in January 2012.
The Twitter account, under the handle @ellekay_, has since been deactivated, as have Kollab’s other social media profiles.
Kollab attended Touro College of Medicine in New York City, which issued a statement on its Twitter feed.
“Touro College is appalled by the anti-Semitic comments reportedly made by Lara Kollab, a graduate of the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine. The mission of Touro College is to educate, perpetuate and enrich the historic Jewish tradition of tolerance and dignity,” the statement reads.
Touro College is appalled by the anti-Semitic comments reportedly made by Lara Kollab, a graduate of the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine. The mission of Touro College is to educate, perpetuate and enrich the historic Jewish tradition of tolerance and dignity.— Touro College (@WeAreTouro) December 31, 2018
According to state records, her medical license is still active and will remain valid until 2021.
Canary Mission’s discussion of Kollab’s support of Palestinian causes has ignited Islamophobic backlash online.
Evil Ohio Muslim doctor Lara Kollab : “I’ll purposely give Jews the wrong meds” Has anybody checked to see if she killed any of her patients...firing is not good enough. https://t.co/OxmbQOkyle— ❌ M. Gibson- Leek ❌ (@Scattermae777M) January 1, 2019
Her name literally means dog and both Arabic and Hebrew.— Benny Galile (@BennyGalile) January 1, 2019
#WakeUpAmerica 👇👇👇#Cleveland: #Antisemitic #MuslimDoctor #LaraKollab, “I’ll purposely give #Jews the wrong meds...”#WakeUpAmerica #Islamization #FGM #MigrantInvasion #Wall #IslamIsNotPeace #taqiyya #koran #Hijrah #CCOT #PJNet #MAGAhttps://t.co/asIz14XgP9 via @pamelageller pic.twitter.com/KFFAkcO1Z3— patriotgirl ن (@Jesus_isPeace) January 1, 2019
The worst part about Lara Kollab is she felt *comfortable* and *safe* making her "joke". We have a sick world right now. The barbarians are INSIDE the gates, welcomed by the western Left as allies in their fight against individual liberty. (civilization).https://t.co/NzwLylXsaH— Cocaine Gitabushi (@brainfertilizer) January 1, 2019
Even the Nazis didn’t take such unbridled joy from genocidal hate and bigotry as do today’s Muslim Jew haters. ✝️✡️✝️✡️✝️✡️✝️✡️✝️ Cleveland: Antisemitic Muslim Doctor Lara Kollab, “I’ll purposely give Jews the wrong meds” https://t.co/JPvnXeiKxW via @pamelageller— David Benson (@DavidBe76966493) January 1, 2019
The Daily Dot reached out to the Ohio Medical Board to ask whether any disciplinary action had been taken against Kollab, but did not receive a response by press time.
H/T Cleveland CBS 19
Updated 9:42am CT, Jan. 2: Spokesperson Tessie Pollock of the Ohio Medical Board told the Daily Dot,
“Lara Kollab was issued a training certificate, not a license, in July 2018. Ohio training certificates are only valid as long as the individual is actively part of the program which was indicated on the training certificate application by the supervising entity. Cleveland Clinic informed us that she was no longer a part of their program as of September 2018.
It is the Mission of the State Medical Board of Ohio to protect the health and safety of all Ohioans. Malicious acts and attitudes toward any population go against the Medical Practices Act and are denounced by the board.”
Samira Sadeque is a New York-based journalist reporting on immigration, sexual violence, and mental health, and will sometimes write about memes and dinosaurs too. Her work also appears in Reuters, NPR, and NBC among other publications. She graduated from Columbia Journalism School, and her work has been nominated for SAJA awards. Follow: @Samideque