- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Today 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Today 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Today 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Today 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Today 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Today 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Today 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Today 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Today 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
- Iconic 1968 drag documentary ‘The Queen’ finally released on Netflix Friday 9:29 PM
- This TikTok account for Chancellor Palpatine is hilarious Friday 8:43 PM
- Did the Space Force logo rip off Star Trek? Friday 6:24 PM
- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides Friday 3:25 PM
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign Friday 2:48 PM
Not really feeling your latest Tinder date? If you don’t want to go out with a guy, there’s no reason you should. But if you’re dealing with one of those won’t-take-no-for-an-answer types, vlogger Fay Nelson is here to help.
In a video titled “How to prepare for an unwanted date with a guy,” Nelson provides a tutorial on how to discourage an overzealous suitor. Hint: it involves many layers of makeup and a desire to make him “run for his life.” Essentially, it’s the perfect foil to Jenna Marbles’ classic “How to trick people into thinking you’re good looking.”
Nelson is a Liberian vlogger who writes on her YouTube page that she “loves being silly on a daily basis.” So she “decided to share my comedic shenanigans with the rest of the world.”
It’s like a real-life How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. We have definitely learned a lot about man-repelling. Look out, fellas.
Screengrab via Fay Nelson/YouTube
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.