- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Tuesday 1:23 PM
Caitlyn Jenner reveals new look on cover of ‘Vanity Fair’
‘Caitlyn doesn’t have any secrets.’
Retired Olympian and former Keeping Up With the Kardashians star Caitlyn Jenner is now asking the world to #CallMeCaitlyn, revealing a stunning transformation in a July photo spread revealed today on the Vanity Fair website.
I’m so happy after such a long struggle to be living my true self. Welcome to the world Caitlyn. Can’t wait for you to get to know her/me.
— Caitlyn Jenner (@Caitlyn_Jenner) June 1, 2015
“Bruce always had to tell a lie,” said Jenner in a Vanity Fair video accompanying the reveal. “He was always living that lie. Every day you always had a secret, from morning till night. Caitlyn doesn’t have any secrets. Soon as the Vanity Fair cover comes out, I’m free.”
The photos, shot by Annie Leibovitz, show Jenner in a glamorous new lingerie-clad light, in which a jaw-dropping resemblance to actress Jessica Lange is clear.
Jenner, who came out publicly as trans this April after years of invasive tabloid speculation, had said she would continue to use male pronouns. As of today, she appears to be using female pronouns and the name Caitlyn exclusively.
“The last few days, in doing this shoot, was about my life and who I am as a person,” Jenner said in the video. “It’s not about the fanfare, it’s not about people cheering in the stadium, it’s not about going down the street and everybody giving you a ‘Thatta boy, Bruce’ pat on the back, OK? This is about your life.”
The full interview is available online to subscribers only, but the July issue will be on stands this month. In the meantime, Twitter is abuzz with congratulations, complaints of media misgendering, and jokes about the lack of the famous Kardashian “K” in Jenner’s new name.
Watch Jenner talk about shooting the Vanity Fair cover:
Photo via manarianz5/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0) | Remix by Fernando Alfonso III
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.