- Fortnite leak reveals a ‘Batman’ crossover event may be happening 5 Years Ago
- The explosion at a bull semen factory generated a lot of obvious jokes Today 4:33 PM
- Jessica Jaymes, adult film star, dead at 43 Today 4:18 PM
- How to stream Falcons vs. Colts in Week 3 Today 4:05 PM
- Beto O’Rourke says he opposes police use of facial recognition tech Today 4:01 PM
- Lawsuit alleges woman was kidnapped by Lyft driver and gang-raped Today 3:19 PM
- Facebook and Ray-Ban want to replace smartphones with smart glasses Today 3:13 PM
- Sirfetch’d is the gallant new Pokémon winning everyone’s heart Today 3:09 PM
- Danielle Cohn’s dad says she’s not really 15 years old Today 2:14 PM
- Chilling ad by Sandy Hook Promise features kids using school supplies during a shooting Today 1:50 PM
- Don’t fall victim to this Venmo texting scam Today 1:18 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Netflix in October 2019 Today 12:55 PM
- Marvel just turned Goldballs into one of the most powerful X-Men Today 12:33 PM
- Every house in ‘Skyrim’ and how to get them all Today 12:28 PM
- How to stream all the Week 3 NFL action Today 12:14 PM
Teen gets her boyfriend arrested at school as part of prom-posal
Kids these days.
Just as it’s no longer enough to simply ask someone to marry you with a viral video and media circus, asking someone to prom also requires a creative—and perhaps twisted—approach. One California teenager named Stephanie threw down the prom-posal gauntlet when she got her boyfriend arrested as part of the elaborate plot.
Not only did she get her boyfriend Dayveon arrested, but she arranged for it all to go down while they were at school—you know, a normally safe space for teens.
Some are calling Stephanie racist for getting her unarmed black boyfriend arrested, but ignorant teenagers the world over are throwing their support behind her misguided plan, and she’s sticking it to the haters by retweeting many of her fans.
😂😂😂Ppl are really so mad at Stephs promposal and its so fucking funny
— BTJ (@_Jayyyy15) March 11, 2015
End of the day Steph had the best promposal, anyone can do people just bitchin cause there not that creative
— M.C. Mikey (@Daddy_Drisco) March 11, 2015
Stephanie’s promposal was pretty freaken awesome.
— HakunaMatatas (@Ball00n77) March 11, 2015
If this has left you inspired to come up with a crafty prom-posal of your own, there’s an entire Pinterest board dedicated to the practice. You, too, can DIY an awful day.
Photo via jason clapp/Flickr (CC 2.0)
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.