- Amanda Holden’s bad coronavirus advice sheds light on the struggle of being immunocompromised Friday 9:03 PM
- The World Health Organization is now fighting coronavirus misinformation on TikTok Friday 8:43 PM
- Police are using coronavirus misinformation to trick people into turning in drugs Friday 8:11 PM
- People can’t stop touching their faces–and the CDC really wants them to Friday 7:31 PM
- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
Teen gets her boyfriend arrested at school as part of prom-posal
Kids these days.
Just as it’s no longer enough to simply ask someone to marry you with a viral video and media circus, asking someone to prom also requires a creative—and perhaps twisted—approach. One California teenager named Stephanie threw down the prom-posal gauntlet when she got her boyfriend arrested as part of the elaborate plot.
Not only did she get her boyfriend Dayveon arrested, but she arranged for it all to go down while they were at school—you know, a normally safe space for teens.
Some are calling Stephanie racist for getting her unarmed black boyfriend arrested, but ignorant teenagers the world over are throwing their support behind her misguided plan, and she’s sticking it to the haters by retweeting many of her fans.
😂😂😂Ppl are really so mad at Stephs promposal and its so fucking funny
— BTJ (@_Jayyyy15) March 11, 2015
End of the day Steph had the best promposal, anyone can do people just bitchin cause there not that creative
— M.C. Mikey (@Daddy_Drisco) March 11, 2015
Stephanie’s promposal was pretty freaken awesome.
— HakunaMatatas (@Ball00n77) March 11, 2015
If this has left you inspired to come up with a crafty prom-posal of your own, there’s an entire Pinterest board dedicated to the practice. You, too, can DIY an awful day.
Photo via jason clapp/Flickr (CC 2.0)
Marisa Kabas is a lifestyle reporter and activist. Her work has been published by Fusion, Fast Company, and Today. She’s also served as an editorial campaigns director for Purpose PBC, a social movement incubator.