- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Rebels shout “Allahu Akbar!” as they shoot down … a beloved Disney character?! What does it mean?
While street artist Banksy has put down his stencils and spray cans on this day of rest, that hasn’t stopped the mysterious Brit from stirring up some controversy.
“I’m not posting any pictures today,” Banksy stated on his website. “Not after this shocking footage has emerged.”
The footage shows a group of Middle Eastern rebels shooting an RPG at something they see flying off in the distance. Upon landing a direct hit, the rebels receive a depressing Disney surprise.
The video featuring Dumbo is part of Banksy’s month-long art experiment on the streets of New York. Gothamist reports that the video “could be a reference to the neighborhood DUMBO—perhaps his latest piece is already there waiting to be discovered, or maybe the waterfall truck will be there later tonight.” Some Reddit users, on the other hand, believe there’s a deeper meaning to the 90-second long clip.
“I think it’s giving a view of war from the eyes of the child,” guitarjt commented. “The adults cheer because they are victorious. They feel victorious for ideological reasons… The child doesn’t have these ideas and only sees that the adults killed something beautiful.. So she goes over and kicks the guy as to say ‘great work you fucking doofus.’”
Screengrab via YouTube
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.