- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated 1 Year Ago
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives: 1 Year Ago
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook 1 Year Ago
- All the games coming to Google Stadia 1 Year Ago
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
- YouTuber immediately loses gig with Sanders campaign over sexualized MLK video Today 9:59 AM
- John Bolton becomes the most uncomfortable resistance hero yet Today 9:16 AM
- Robert Eggers on the long, hard road to ‘The Lighthouse’ Today 9:10 AM
- How to watch the fourth 2020 Democratic debate Today 9:00 AM
- Is social media normalizing cultural appropriation? Today 7:45 AM
- Zoë Kravitz will play Catwoman after being told she was too ‘urban’ for ‘Dark Knight Rises’ Today 6:36 AM
- The 5 best Spike Lee movies Today 5:00 AM
- Jesse Eisenberg and Imogen Poots visit suburban hell in ‘Vivarium’ Today 4:30 AM
- Spoiler-free review: HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ leans into the comic’s political side Today 3:00 AM
The alleged victim made a police report earlier this year, and she reportedly met him more than a year ago while helping cater an event he was hosting. Anderson and the woman apparently held another meeting later to discuss business opportunities, and that’s when the woman said the incident occurred.
The Blast reported that Anderson “strongly denies” the allegation, and his spokesperson told the website, “It’s unfortunate that anyone can file a police report whether it is true or false. The authorities have not contacted Anthony or any of his representatives about this matter. Anthony unequivocally disputes the claim.”
In a statement to the Blast, the LAPD said, “We have a crime report listing him as a suspect in a crime. … It is an open investigation.”
Though the woman apparently didn’t come forward immediately about the alleged crime, she decided to pursue charges in the midst of the #MeToo movement.
As the Blast points out, the 47-year-old Anderson was accused of raping an extra on the set of the movie Hustle & Flow in 2004, though the case was dropped after authorities determined there was no probable cause.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.