- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
- Trump continues to demand Apple unlock iPhones for the government Wednesday 11:46 AM
- Police officer suspended after video of a handcuffed Delonte West surfaces Wednesday 11:33 AM
- ‘Girls don’t want a boyfriend’ meme leaves boyfriends in 2019 Wednesday 11:21 AM
You know what they say: If at first you don’t succeed at getting your friends to match you with an Olympic medalist, try to get her attention on social media… or something like that.
After getting together following a video Q&A, Olympic gymnast Aly Raisman and NFL tight end Colton Underwood are officially dating. The couple made their debut on Monday at the Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year ceremony in New York City.
Raisman told People that she and Underwood have been dating since the MTV Video Music Awards, just over a week after Yahoo News published a video of the couple’s “meeting.”
During the video Q&A, Raisman watched a video of Underwood, who asked her to go out with him and their mutual friends, retired gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband Andrew East, the next time she’s in the San Francisco area.
“Did Shawn put you up to this?” Raisman asked before watching the video. “They’ve actually told me about him before, he’s very cute… Yeah, I would go on a date with him.”
After the video’s taping, Raisman responded to Underwood via Twitter.
The pair went on their first date while they both happened to be in Colorado for short periods of time, her 12 hours and him a few days. Then Underwood drove 90 minutes for both their second and third dates. At least he’s seems like a committed dude for someone who basically tried to slide into her DMs?
“I’m just looking forward to 2017,” Raisman told People. “I think it’s going to be an exciting year for everyone.”
H/T the Cut
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.