- West Virginia corrections employees suspended after Nazi salute photo surfaces Thursday 8:02 PM
- Here are the 15 best Eddie Murphy movies available to stream Thursday 7:56 PM
- Ex-InfoWars video editor admits to making up Islamophobic stories Thursday 6:55 PM
- WhatsApp accounts deleted amid Kashmir internet blackout Thursday 6:21 PM
- Guy gets mocked for tattoo of Baby Yoda drinking White Claw Thursday 6:18 PM
- Spotify Wrapped has people asking just how much it knows about us Thursday 5:50 PM
- Instagram account allegedly asked for inappropriate photos of children Thursday 5:16 PM
- How to stream ‘Boys vs. Bears on Thursday Night Football Thursday 4:33 PM
- Woman caught her boyfriend cheating through his Fitbit Thursday 4:29 PM
- The Pete Buttigieg ‘High Hopes’ dance was designed by an intern Thursday 4:17 PM
- TikTok admits to hiding content made by fat, LGBTQ, and disabled users Thursday 3:58 PM
- ‘Merry Happy Whatever’ is an unoriginal sitcom with plenty of holiday cheer Thursday 3:55 PM
- The ‘Pod Save America’ Bros are losing it over Joe Biden’s newest ad Thursday 3:28 PM
- Van Halen had a wholesome response in defense of Billie Eilish Thursday 3:15 PM
- Influencer faces wrath of K-pop fans after her son played with penis-shaped soap Thursday 1:27 PM
When the Anchorage, Alaska Municipal Assembly called a public meeting to discuss a proposed amendment (AO-2015-96) to add sexual orientation and gender identity to its equal rights law, no one could have predicted a trumpet, a tampon, and a Bible would show up.
But at the Sept. 15 public hearing, that’s exactly what local resident Kathleen Tonn presented to the assembly members in a bizarre, screaming, anti-gay rant about Sodom and Gomorrah.
The video, posted on Wednesday to the Alaska Commons YouTube page, is worth a watch. Tonn is a bit of an Internet celebrity already, having previously appeared in a video in which she hijacked a sauna room at a spa and spoke in tongues in order to help (?) a woman who she said “doesn’t know Jesus Christ as her savior.”
Tonn also briefly sought to be a candidate for the Alaska Senate in 2014. According to the Alaska Commons, Tonn’s dropout announcement was posted to her now-defunct Facebook page.
I have officially removed my name from the primary ballot for Alaska US Senator, since there was little support or encouragement for my candidacy! I want it known that I do not support either Joe Miller, Mead Tredwell (sic) or Dan Sullivan in their bid for Alaska US Senator! Please don’t ask me to like your PAGE again!!! May God have mercy on the little children and babies in America in the days ahead!
Americans can only wish that the 2016 presidential debates could be so interesting. While last night’s GOP debate circus was indeed entertaining, there were—sadly—no trumpets or tampons to be found.
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.