- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action 4 Years Ago
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Today 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Today 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Today 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Today 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Today 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Today 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Today 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Today 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Today 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Today 2:04 PM
- Caitlyn Jenner ridiculed with transphobic jokes during Alec Baldwin roast Today 1:27 PM
- Brad Pitt confronts his daddy issues in the sci-fi epic ‘Ad Astra’ Today 1:20 PM
When the Anchorage, Alaska Municipal Assembly called a public meeting to discuss a proposed amendment (AO-2015-96) to add sexual orientation and gender identity to its equal rights law, no one could have predicted a trumpet, a tampon, and a Bible would show up.
But at the Sept. 15 public hearing, that’s exactly what local resident Kathleen Tonn presented to the assembly members in a bizarre, screaming, anti-gay rant about Sodom and Gomorrah.
The video, posted on Wednesday to the Alaska Commons YouTube page, is worth a watch. Tonn is a bit of an Internet celebrity already, having previously appeared in a video in which she hijacked a sauna room at a spa and spoke in tongues in order to help (?) a woman who she said “doesn’t know Jesus Christ as her savior.”
Tonn also briefly sought to be a candidate for the Alaska Senate in 2014. According to the Alaska Commons, Tonn’s dropout announcement was posted to her now-defunct Facebook page.
I have officially removed my name from the primary ballot for Alaska US Senator, since there was little support or encouragement for my candidacy! I want it known that I do not support either Joe Miller, Mead Tredwell (sic) or Dan Sullivan in their bid for Alaska US Senator! Please don’t ask me to like your PAGE again!!! May God have mercy on the little children and babies in America in the days ahead!
Americans can only wish that the 2016 presidential debates could be so interesting. While last night’s GOP debate circus was indeed entertaining, there were—sadly—no trumpets or tampons to be found.
Mary Emily O'Hara is an LGBTQ reporter. Her work has appeared in Rolling Stone, NBC Out, Daily Dot, Broadly, Vice, the Daily Beast, the Advocate, Huffington Post, DNAinfo, Al Jazeera, and Portland's Pulitzer Prize-winning newsweekly Willamette Week, among other outlets.