- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
5 Instagramers worth following
Instagramers founder Philippe González curates his list of essential Instagram photographers from around the world.
With a community of more than 50 million people, it can be difficult to decide who to follow on Instagram.
That’s where Philippe González comes in. As the founder of Instagramers, the Madrid-based artist has become a noted expert on the tips, tricks, and key photographers associated with the Instagram movement.
González shared a list of five of his favorite IGers (as community members are called) from around the world.
1) @takinyerphoto, Anthony Daniele, New York City
1118 photos · 161,084 followers
“I met him when he was just starting in Instagram and we awarded him with our first contest in Madrid. He was exhibiting in Madrid at a major photography fair. He is one of my fav ‘street photographers’ in Instagram.”
Photo by takinyerphoto
2) @Myriam40a, Myriam, France
1611 photos · 5516 followers
González mentioned Myriam for “all the time she spent answering people, giving tips and being kind with people.”
Photo by myriam40a
3) @saturninofarandola, Giacomo Por, Naples, Italy
496 photos· 6696 followers
González said he is inspired by Por’s “amazing black-and-white portraits.”
Photo by saturninofarandola
4) @civilking, Mehmet Kırali, Turkey
757 photos · 37372 followers
Kırali is one of the IGers who best represents “the amazing and powerful mobile photographers movement in Turkey (in terms of quality and quantity),” according to González.
Photo by civilking
5) @cachafaz, Pachi Tamer, Austin, Texas
2208 photos · 16,529 followers
Tamer is “a guy who gives a voice to all these people who survive in the streets around us,” says González. As The Dutiee Blog noted, Tamer is on “a mission to help homeless people communicate and meet their needs by using the power of Instagram.”
Photo by cachafaz
Main photo by Philippe González
Based in Montreal, Kris Holt has been writing about technology and web culture since 2010. He writes for Engadget and Tech News World, and his byline has also appeared in Paste, Salon, International Business Times, Mashable, and elsewhere.