- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Monday 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Monday 10:50 AM
- 21 Savage goes deep on 21 Savage memes Monday 10:49 AM
The Daily Dot (Licensed)
Introducing ‘2 Girls 1 Podcast.’
Meet Alli and Jen. They’re actors who perform the weirdest stuff on the internet as live theater. We’re talking Reddit threads, Craigslist missed connections, deep cuts from brony forums, Tinder pickup lines, and Hitler fanfiction.
What happens when you put them in a room with the real people behind the most fascinating fringe online communities? You get 2 Girls 1 Podcast, a hilarious weekly show that proves weird internet people are just like us.
This week, we speak to Dominic Rodriguez, director of the documentary Fursonas, which chronicles the rise of the furry community. Furries are people fascinated by anthropomorphic animals, and often dress like (and have sex as) them. Dominic opens up about his journey to accept his own furry fetish and gives us a bird’s eye view of furry conventions.
Also in this episode: Why are overall hooks sold in such large quantities?
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts, and get new episodes one week early on the free TuneIn app!
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.