- What does the EU’s Copyright Directive mean for the future of the internet? 2 Weeks Ago
- The LGBTQ and Black communities deserve real answers about the Jussie Smollett case Today 3:51 PM
- The Jussie Smollett-Trump collusion discourse is a condescending Wonka meme come to life Today 3:47 PM
- Even teachers are in on TikTok’s #hitthewoah Today 2:49 PM
- Editor’s history of calling trans people ‘frauds’ shines light on Economist’s transphobic tweet Today 2:24 PM
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ posters reveal the fates of several Marvel characters Today 2:12 PM
- Man pleads guilty to stealing over $100 million from Facebook, Google Today 12:59 PM
- Washington Post under fire for transphobic cartoon about the Mueller Report Today 12:33 PM
- Congressman quotes ‘Mein Kampf’ on House floor Today 11:55 AM
- Rapper Tone Loc detained after confronting teen in Confederate flag hat Today 11:37 AM
- Sarah Sanders shares Mueller Madness bracket Today 10:19 AM
- NASA postpones all-women spacewalk over lack of suits that fit the female astronauts Today 10:17 AM
- Texas Rangers shortstop walks up to ‘Baby Shark’ Today 9:58 AM
- The best wireless gaming headsets under $100 Today 9:23 AM
- Trump demands networks blacklist these guests—including prominent Democrats Today 9:09 AM
The Daily Dot (Licensed)
Immortality might only be a generation or two away.
As we become ever more physically entwined with our technology, and as medicine extends our lives beyond anything our ancestors could have imagined, we may not be too far away from implanting or genetically manipulating superhuman powers—or even escaping death entirely.
If you think that sounds pretty cool and terrifying at the same time, you’re not alone.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet stuff on stage) talk transhumanist future shock with Dr. Natasha Vita-More, the executive director of Humanity+, an organization devoted to enhancing the quality of human life through ethical technology.
Listen to episode 74 of #2G1P right here:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.