- Couple calls for boycott of dog walker app Wag! after their dog was abducted Today 5:07 PM
- Trump gets banned from SeekingArrangement because he’s not a ‘real sugar daddy’ Today 4:17 PM
- InfoWars accidentally sent child porn to lawyers representing Sandy Hook parents Today 4:12 PM
- Sticker warns men changing diapers about ‘feminization of the American male’ Today 4:10 PM
- The genius way Genius caught Google allegedly stealing lyrics Today 3:03 PM
- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act Today 2:15 PM
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes Today 1:54 PM
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever Today 1:27 PM
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
The Daily Dot (Licensed)
Immortality might only be a generation or two away.
As we become ever more physically entwined with our technology, and as medicine extends our lives beyond anything our ancestors could have imagined, we may not be too far away from implanting or genetically manipulating superhuman powers—or even escaping death entirely.
If you think that sounds pretty cool and terrifying at the same time, you’re not alone.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet stuff on stage) talk transhumanist future shock with Dr. Natasha Vita-More, the executive director of Humanity+, an organization devoted to enhancing the quality of human life through ethical technology.
Listen to episode 74 of #2G1P right here:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.