- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer 1 Month Ago
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
The Daily Dot (Licensed)
Immortality might only be a generation or two away.
As we become ever more physically entwined with our technology, and as medicine extends our lives beyond anything our ancestors could have imagined, we may not be too far away from implanting or genetically manipulating superhuman powers—or even escaping death entirely.
If you think that sounds pretty cool and terrifying at the same time, you’re not alone.
This week on 2 Girls 1 Podcast, Alli and Jen (actors who perform weird internet stuff on stage) talk transhumanist future shock with Dr. Natasha Vita-More, the executive director of Humanity+, an organization devoted to enhancing the quality of human life through ethical technology.
Listen to episode 74 of #2G1P right here:
2 Girls 1 Podcast is supported by listeners. A lot of time and resources go into research, booking, editing, and publishing this show. If you love internet culture as much as we love ’casting about it, consider a contribution of $1 or $2 per month to help offset our production costs. Become a patron of #2G1P and earn some cool perks while you’re at it:
Subscribe to 2 Girls 1 Podcast wherever you listen to your favorite podcasts.
We’d love to hear from you!
- Email the show: [email protected]
- Tweet us: @alligold, @joonbugger, @alliandjen
- Call us: (347) 871-6548 (Leave us a message with a suggestion, personal story, original song, or just shout into your phone. We might play your voicemail on the show.)
If you enjoy this podcast, consider sharing it with a friend or two, and use the hashtag #2G1P. We’ll be watching!
Matt Silverman is the director of video and producer of 2 Girls 1 Podcast at the Daily Dot. He has been making internet shows and viral videos for nearly a decade, and has directed top talent including John Oliver, Kevin Bacon, Kate McKinnon, Alton Brown, and the Sesame Street Muppets. Silverman is also the creator of FREE DAD VIDEOS, a comedy and music channel with his young children.