- How to watch the History Channel online for free 5 Years Ago
- Why the Senate’s First Step Act isn’t true criminal justice reform 5 Years Ago
- Mom calls cops on son who can’t get ready for school on time Tuesday 11:19 PM
- Tinder exec fired after involvement in lawsuit alleging sexual assault Tuesday 10:48 PM
- Woman matches on Tinder with LaCroix thief—and his victim Tuesday 7:38 PM
- U.K. police will have to disclose documents about WikiLeaks journalists Tuesday 6:37 PM
- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote Tuesday 5:38 PM
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Tuesday 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Tuesday 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Tuesday 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Tuesday 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Tuesday 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Tuesday 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Tuesday 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Tuesday 12:12 PM
This app is a much-needed lesson in not taking our damn selfies so seriously.
The search is over. We’ve found it. The best selfie app is here: French Girls.
Get it? Like that line from Titanic?
French Girls is simple yet genius. You take a selfie (we all know how to do that, right?), decide whether you like it, and upload. There are no filters or edit options available; just suck it up and post what your real face looks like, it’s fine. From there, other French Girls users will see it and if they so choose, decide to draw it.
Get it? Like one of their French girls? I do not want this reference to be lost on you, dear reader.
The feats of artistry run the gamut. Most of them look something like this:
Masterpieces, these are not. Amusing, they are.
But within the French Girls community there are some talented folks whose ability to wield the tip of their finger as a paintbrush befuddles me. Look at this thing!:
Whaaaa…!? How!? What black magic did this person use to make this!? Actually, maybe just a stylus. Still, respect.
Sefishly feasting your eyes on what other users do with your selfie isn’t the only addicting part of French Girls. Selecting other people’s selfies and recreating them as best you can is fun, challenging, and sometimes weird. I felt a little bad when I did a particularly terrible job of sketching someone’s face. Sorry, you two.
You can’t see who drew your selfie, though, so don’t worry if you took someone achingly beautiful and turned them into a hideous, pixelated monster. Of course that anonymity means if someone sketches something… um, “untoward” on your immaculate face, you can’t call them on it. There is a flagging feature on the app, though, that you can hit up if this happens, or if when searching through for a selfie to draw you come across… let’s just be honest, a dick pic or something of that variety. I can only guess what this was a reference to! Also… why?
There are a lot of selfie apps: some that make you prettier, some that rate you, some that can tell if you’re gay (nope, not really). But this one is a game, it’s creative, and there’s slightly less emphasis on being solely interested in our own damn reflections.