- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest 2 Years Ago
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? 2 Years Ago
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Today 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
Fall in love with a horse via My Horse Prince, a mobile dating game about horsemen
You have never played a game like this—for better or worse.
Dating simulations are a massively popular form of gaming in Japan, and they’ve slowly made their way over to the U.S. Most of these games focus on the minutia of dating, from flirting to sex. Of course, not everyone is looking for a cute boy with abs. Sometimes you want a cute boy with a tight muscular body, four legs, and flowing tail. Sometimes you want a horse with a boy’s face.
For those times, you need My Horse Prince.
My Horse Prince is a choose-your-own-adventure game that’s just made its way to the U.S. via the Google and iOS stores. It puts you in the saddle of a young woman, standing in front of a horseman, trying to make him love her.
Of course, it’s not so simple. You own the horse. The horse knows it’s a horse. You need to feed him like a horse. He just so happens also to have a dreamboat face and the ability to woo your heart.
It’s up to you to keep the horse happy and alive. Whether you fall in love, well, that’s up to you.
Players have been filling Twitter with their experiences within the game, and they’re about as strange as you’d expect from a game about falling in love with a horse.
Even YouTubers have gotten into the fun.
After spending some time with the game today, there’s really no way to describe the odd sense of satisfaction that comes from flirting with a horseman. Even in the weird, wild world of Japanese dating sims, there’s almost nothing like this game. If you’ve been wondering how you’re going to get through the holiday season at your parents house, maybe consider escaping to the ranch. Perhaps you’ll find some love.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.