- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake 2 Years Ago
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Today 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Today 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Today 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Today 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
Fall in love with a horse via My Horse Prince, a mobile dating game about horsemen
You have never played a game like this—for better or worse.
Dating simulations are a massively popular form of gaming in Japan, and they’ve slowly made their way over to the U.S. Most of these games focus on the minutia of dating, from flirting to sex. Of course, not everyone is looking for a cute boy with abs. Sometimes you want a cute boy with a tight muscular body, four legs, and flowing tail. Sometimes you want a horse with a boy’s face.
For those times, you need My Horse Prince.
My Horse Prince is a choose-your-own-adventure game that’s just made its way to the U.S. via the Google and iOS stores. It puts you in the saddle of a young woman, standing in front of a horseman, trying to make him love her.
Of course, it’s not so simple. You own the horse. The horse knows it’s a horse. You need to feed him like a horse. He just so happens also to have a dreamboat face and the ability to woo your heart.
It’s up to you to keep the horse happy and alive. Whether you fall in love, well, that’s up to you.
Players have been filling Twitter with their experiences within the game, and they’re about as strange as you’d expect from a game about falling in love with a horse.
Even YouTubers have gotten into the fun.
After spending some time with the game today, there’s really no way to describe the odd sense of satisfaction that comes from flirting with a horseman. Even in the weird, wild world of Japanese dating sims, there’s almost nothing like this game. If you’ve been wondering how you’re going to get through the holiday season at your parents house, maybe consider escaping to the ranch. Perhaps you’ll find some love.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.