- Migrants are under social media surveillance—and that’s a problem for everyone 3 Years Ago
- Gabrielle Union deserves better from Terry Crews Tuesday 11:12 PM
- T.I. publicly apologizes to daughters after Kobe Bryant’s death Tuesday 8:46 PM
- ‘Squash the boss’: Labor union seemingly unknowingly posted furry fetish art Tuesday 8:04 PM
- TikTok user pretending to be lab technician who has contracted coronavirus Tuesday 7:08 PM
- Caroline Calloway says she plans to campaign for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Justin Bieber, Snoop Dogg, millions of others sign petition to make Kobe Bryant new NBA logo Tuesday 5:39 PM
- No, Lana Del Rey did not cry because Billie Eilish won album of the year Tuesday 4:48 PM
- People are exposing their eyeballs to phone flash for this TikTok challenge Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Watch Mike Bloomberg try to shake a dog’s mouth Tuesday 3:41 PM
- ‘Rey who?’ is the funniest meme to emerge from ‘The Rise of Skywalker’ Tuesday 3:30 PM
- AI beat the CDC to the punch on coronavirus warnings Tuesday 3:21 PM
- What exactly is a ‘large boulder the size of a small boulder’? Tuesday 2:49 PM
- Mom of ‘Success Kid’ says Steve King can’t use her son’s meme for ‘repulsive’ campaign Tuesday 2:00 PM
- Jake Paul can’t escape Logan Paul’s shadow—even if that loyalty has hurt his career Tuesday 1:13 PM
Dating simulations are a massively popular form of gaming in Japan, and they’ve slowly made their way over to the U.S. Most of these games focus on the minutia of dating, from flirting to sex. Of course, not everyone is looking for a cute boy with abs. Sometimes you want a cute boy with a tight muscular body, four legs, and flowing tail. Sometimes you want a horse with a boy’s face.
For those times, you need My Horse Prince.
My Horse Prince is a choose-your-own-adventure game that’s just made its way to the U.S. via the Google and iOS stores. It puts you in the saddle of a young woman, standing in front of a horseman, trying to make him love her.
Of course, it’s not so simple. You own the horse. The horse knows it’s a horse. You need to feed him like a horse. He just so happens also to have a dreamboat face and the ability to woo your heart.
It’s up to you to keep the horse happy and alive. Whether you fall in love, well, that’s up to you.
Players have been filling Twitter with their experiences within the game, and they’re about as strange as you’d expect from a game about falling in love with a horse.
Even YouTubers have gotten into the fun.
After spending some time with the game today, there’s really no way to describe the odd sense of satisfaction that comes from flirting with a horseman. Even in the weird, wild world of Japanese dating sims, there’s almost nothing like this game. If you’ve been wondering how you’re going to get through the holiday season at your parents house, maybe consider escaping to the ranch. Perhaps you’ll find some love.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.