- Hacker infiltrates Nest cameras to gain PewDiePie subscribers 2 Years Ago
- YouTube time traveler claims MLK’s granddaughter will be the last U.S. president 2 Years Ago
- Media coverage of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch cameo erases Chelsea Manning Today 1:39 PM
- New Alexa skill lets you sing with Queen’s Freddie Mercury Today 1:13 PM
- Netflix is the first streaming platform to join MPAA Today 12:59 PM
- Can you spot an email from a hacker? Today 12:46 PM
- Gina Rodriguez cries over being called anti-Black, gets dragged for ‘fake tears’ Today 12:21 PM
- Boots Riley explains why he got snubbed by the Oscars Today 12:20 PM
- Review: ‘Buffy’ returns with a modern comic book reboot Today 11:47 AM
- You’re about to see a lot more Netflix on your Instagram Today 11:32 AM
- Covington students defend blackface video as ‘school spirit’ Today 11:30 AM
- This YouTuber reportedly filmed himself abusing his cat—and his channel is still active Today 11:18 AM
- Dodie Clark hid a secret song in her videos Today 11:08 AM
- YouTube TV is finally available in your city Today 11:03 AM
- Ivanka Trump gears up for 2020 by following her dad’s opponents on Twitter Today 10:21 AM
Fall in love with a horse via My Horse Prince, a mobile dating game about horsemen
You have never played a game like this—for better or worse.
Dating simulations are a massively popular form of gaming in Japan, and they’ve slowly made their way over to the U.S. Most of these games focus on the minutia of dating, from flirting to sex. Of course, not everyone is looking for a cute boy with abs. Sometimes you want a cute boy with a tight muscular body, four legs, and flowing tail. Sometimes you want a horse with a boy’s face.
For those times, you need My Horse Prince.
My Horse Prince is a choose-your-own-adventure game that’s just made its way to the U.S. via the Google and iOS stores. It puts you in the saddle of a young woman, standing in front of a horseman, trying to make him love her.
Of course, it’s not so simple. You own the horse. The horse knows it’s a horse. You need to feed him like a horse. He just so happens also to have a dreamboat face and the ability to woo your heart.
It’s up to you to keep the horse happy and alive. Whether you fall in love, well, that’s up to you.
Players have been filling Twitter with their experiences within the game, and they’re about as strange as you’d expect from a game about falling in love with a horse.
Even YouTubers have gotten into the fun.
After spending some time with the game today, there’s really no way to describe the odd sense of satisfaction that comes from flirting with a horseman. Even in the weird, wild world of Japanese dating sims, there’s almost nothing like this game. If you’ve been wondering how you’re going to get through the holiday season at your parents house, maybe consider escaping to the ranch. Perhaps you’ll find some love.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.