- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Sevilla Friday 6:35 PM
- How to stream Peter ‘Kid Chocolate’ Quillin vs. Alfredo Angulo Friday 5:16 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Granada Friday 4:50 PM
- ‘Atlantics’ tells a ghost story steeped with emotion and realism Friday 4:16 PM
- ‘Jojo Rabbit’ is a sweet, singular movie that loses its grip on satire Friday 3:40 PM
- Jordan Peterson is in rehab for Klonopin addiction Friday 3:34 PM
- The cat-worshipping turkey cult video, explained Friday 3:22 PM
- Despite legal threats and drama, the Area 51 desert event is on Friday 3:05 PM
- How to stream Yair Rodriguez vs. Jeremy Stephens on UFC Fight Night Friday 3:00 PM
- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature Friday 1:59 PM
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you Friday 1:36 PM
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Friday 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Friday 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Friday 12:31 PM
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is investigating an incident caught by a drone at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas, showing the drone flying precariously close to a landing airplane.
The footage, uploaded to social media, shows the drone taking off from Whitney Park, a little more five miles away from the airport, but doesn’t detail when the incident happened. The video shows the drone hovering above the park with the plane flying in from the far foreground. When the drone turns around, it’s hovering right above the plane.
“We became aware of this incident this afternoon and we are investigating,” Ian Gregor from the FAA told CBS affiliate Las Vegas Now.
The FAA says the drone pilot could face a $1,437 fine per violation or $32,666 if flown by a business. Unsafe flying of drones is also subject to a fine up to $250,000 and three years in prison.
Several drone organizations have spoken out about the incident, including Drone U and the Academy of Model Aeronautics, saying they condemn the manner in which the drone was flown.
Watch the plane flying under the drove below:
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.