- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez supports resolution that could lead to Trump’s impeachment Thursday 9:46 PM
- Ricardo Milos dancing memes are the new Rickroll Thursday 9:09 PM
- Laura Loomer sues Twitter, Muslim lobbying group over account ban Thursday 8:15 PM
- Far-right troll Ian Miles Cheong gets flamed for mocking a ‘Star Wars’ fan Thursday 6:17 PM
- Facebook says ‘millions,’ not ‘tens of thousands,’ affected by Instagram password bug Thursday 5:13 PM
- Leading 2020 Democrats mock redactions in Mueller report Thursday 4:04 PM
- 8 weed accessories for stealthy stoners Thursday 4:00 PM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate players are now fighting on giant d*cks Thursday 3:37 PM
- Why are Facebook and Google translating this Spanish word into a racial slur? Thursday 3:32 PM
- Instagram page encourages meme creators to join a meme union Thursday 3:24 PM
- 28 smokin’ hot gifts for your stoner friend Thursday 1:33 PM
- The 5 most important conclusions from Robert Mueller’s report Thursday 1:28 PM
- Facebook bans many of the U.K.’s infamous far-right groups Thursday 1:15 PM
- Cersei and Tyrion Lannister learned about respect from Elmo Thursday 12:57 PM
- The Mueller Report includes a footnote about the pee tape Thursday 12:08 PM
If you’re at all interested, get on it ASAP.
Still thinking of how to spice up your Valentine’s Day plans? If you’re looking for more than just app help or cool gift ideas, here’s a killer alternative: Book a private jet flight to anywhere on Feb. 14, all for the price of zero dollars.
JetSmarter, a mobile app for chartering private jets, is launching a getaway promo for Valentine’s Day that allows travelers to essentially book empty leg flights for free.
Here’s what you need to do: Download the free JetSmarter app—available for both iOS and Android devices—and keep a look-out for flights to destinations of your choice. If one becomes available, it will show a price of $0 for both members and non-members. Click “Book Now,” and you’ll be able to reserve the flight and go on an awesome adventure with your beloved on Valentine’s Day. In fact, you can share this perk with your whole posse: An empty leg flight gives you an entire jet to yourself, and since it’s free, you can fill up the jet’s passenger capacity. Just make sure you check the exact number of passengers allowed on board.
To receive instant notifications for a flight with an itinerary you’re interested in, go into the app’s settings and add every city you’d like to travel to in “Frequent Locations.” Make sure you’ve got push notifications enabled to ensure you’ve got first dibs on an empty and unclaimed flight the moment it becomes available.
There are a few crucially important caveats to consider, though. First, empty leg flights may become available three days to a day in advance, so you have to prepare to jet off at literally a moment’s notice. Second, even though the trip costs nothing, you will need to enter your credit card information to book your free flight because of a required U.S. government segment fee of $4 per person. Finally and most importantly, all empty leg flights posted for this promo are one-way private jet flights, meaning you will have to figure out your own way to get back home. Some options include booking an affordable commercial return flight, using air miles to fly home for free, or you know, if you have the money, charter a wholesale private jet flight with JetSmarter.
If you’re fine with all of that, then you should definitely take the opportunity to celebrate Valentine’s Day like a boss!
H/T JetSmarter | Illustration by Max Fleishman
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.