- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
- Teens charged with attempted arson after participating in TikTok ‘outlet challenge’ Saturday 8:56 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ is a metaphor for a white country built on the back of immigrants Saturday 6:00 AM
- This woman told two students to ‘speak English’ and people are not having it Friday 9:53 PM
Someone is selling an iPhone 6 prototype on eBay
This won’t last long.
In true American fashion, that iPhone 6 is now for sale on eBay, with bids already nearing $95,000, at the time of publication.
EBay seller kimberlyk1018 has apparently received an iPhone 6 test unit from Apple, instead of the 64GB iPhone 6 she ordered from Verizon. Pictures posted on the listing show the iPhone in Apple’s in-house developer mode, and apps that are only used for Apple’s internal tests.
Kimberlyk1018 explained in her post:
Apple does NOT let these phones out of their possession yet I was accidentally sent one upon renewing my contract. As you can see from the photos, iOS8 has not been placed on this device, rather it is in the true developer mode. There are no FCC markings on the rear of the device or a model number. This is the real deal!!!
The iPhone seems legitimate, but there’s no way of knowing without shelling out something close to six figures to get your hands on it. Kimberlyk1018 promises that free shipping is included, if the winning bid tops $4,000, but it may not get that far.
Apple doesn’t like having its prototypes out in public, let alone on eBay. The company may have the legal ground to shut down the auction, or Appple could just buy it with the over $160 billion in cash it has on hand.
Photo via Taylor Hatmaker | In-body photos via Kimberlyk1018/eBay
Micah Singleton is a former technology and culture reporter of the Daily Dot and a former staff writer at Gizmodo. His work has also appeared in Time, Yahoo, the Verge, Mashable, ReadWrite, and NBC. Singleton was named a "rising star" by the Huffington Post in 2013.