- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
- Auschwitz Memorial asks visitors to stop taking playful photos at Holocaust site Thursday 11:33 AM
- The best Korean beauty products for $15 or less Thursday 10:50 AM
- PewDiePie’s reign as the No. 1 YouTuber seems to be over Thursday 10:43 AM
This app for filtering unwanted sexts is too good to be real—for now
Here’s hoping Anthony Weiner can find something else to do with his time.
If you’re a lady and you’ve used any messaging platform on the Internet ever, you’ve probably wished for some sort of high-tech system that would recognize all the unsolicited dick pics and filter them from your inbox.
Luckily, the chat app Banter has heard your gripes and come up with the (sadly fictional) answer to your prayers. Here’s the video for G.R.A.P., Banter’s Genital Recognition Application Prototype that the app promises will make your Banter experience 99 percent wiener (and Anthony Wiener) free.
Warning: The video is a tad NSFW, in that it features various images of phallic-looking summer vegetables:
Banter, a free messaging app that launched at SXSW and allows you to connect with members and chat about shared interests, has a strict non-NSFW policy in its chatrooms, but users can exchange more sensitive content in private chatrooms.
Sadly, as of now, G.R.A.P. is naught but a flight of fancy, so you’ll still have to delete your unsolicited photos on various social media platforms the old-fashioned way.
Screengrab via Banter Chat/YouTube
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.