- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
If you’ve been holding out for a gold iPhone X, you may be in luck.
It’s not unusual for device designs to be leaked through the FCC, since the U.S. agency approves them for sale. There’s a 180-day confidentiality period on FCC photos after filing, and that window just recently lapsed for these gold iPhone pics, so now we have an official view of what a new iPhone X colorway could look like.
This FCC appearance might mean one of two things: Either a gold iPhone X is on its way, or the color was part of the original launch and ended up getting canceled. As the Verge points out, the phone’s glass backplate features the same gold tone as the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus that Apple released in September. Because the FCC filing was created last August and submitted in September, four days before the iPhone X was announced, some outlets are speculating that this might be a case of the latter.
But in the “maybe it’s coming soon” column, phone leaker Benjamin Geskin claimed last month that a blush gold iPhone was in production—so new colors are already being buzzed about at the moment.
Whatever the case, the gold phones look nice.
H/T the Verge
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.