- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
The smartphone giant is set to unveil the Note 8 on Aug. 23.
Renowned smartphone leaker Evan Blass (@evleaks) on Tuesday tweeted an image of what he claims is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The leak comes three full weeks before Samsung shows off its upcoming flagship device.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (in Midnight Black) pic.twitter.com/QZii9xFarQ— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 31, 2017
As you can see, the “Midnight Black” Note 8 looks a lot like the Galaxy S8, but with the sharper rectangular shape of previous Galaxy Note devices.
The massive display, rumored at 6.3-inches, retains the S8’s beautiful edge-to-edge look.
When it rains etc. pic.twitter.com/D0lFR5Wn1B— Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 1, 2017
Blass released more images of the Galaxy Note 8, which show the back and side of the device. You also get a glimpse of the gold variant and S-Pen. The Note 8 is set to be one of the most beautiful devices on the market, but the renders do raise some concerns. Note how the fingerprint sensor sits right next to the camera—the same lazy placement Samsung got flak for with Galaxy S8.
Looks like they've learned nothing when it comes to the fingerprint sensor. Fucking hell Samsung— Ivan (@DinckelMan) August 1, 2017
Should have put the fingerprint sensor in between the cameras so they smudge more evenly— Ryan Fenwick (@ryanfenwick) August 1, 2017
Still going with that awful placement of fingerprint reader. With the phone this tall, it would be even more difficult.— KDS (@imKDS) August 1, 2017
And I’m not the only one who isn’t sold on the two-tone black/gold and camera orientation on the back.
front: pretty as hell— pithan (@pedropithan) August 1, 2017
back: ok not so much
Back looks...robotic and constricted for lack of better words— Vaibhav Chaudhary (@Vaibhav_cee) August 1, 2017
Let’s hope we see some changes when Samsung unveils the Note 8 on Aug. 23 in New York City.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.