- Disabled people with service dogs say Uber, Lyft drivers are denying them rides 2 Years Ago
- TikTok teen famous for greasy hair ends her 8-year reign 2 Years Ago
- Police handcuff brown man at subway station for carrying a toy gun Today 1:20 PM
- Fake clip of Sanders quoting infamous ‘hot chip’ tweet is duping people online Today 1:16 PM
- The Mars Volta’s Cedric Bixler-Zavala alleges Scientologists behind dog’s death Today 12:46 PM
- Eminem responds to critics: ‘This album was not made for the squeamish’ Today 12:42 PM
- ‘The poet, the poem’ meme takes iconic lines and turns them into art Today 12:40 PM
- People are making dark memes about the coronavirus Today 12:27 PM
- Trump camp’s ‘head on a pike’ impeachment threat hit with memes Today 11:34 AM
- What is the #FreeBritney movement, and why is Cher tweeting about it? Today 10:52 AM
- This YouTuber claims the Saudi government plotted to kidnap him on U.S. soil Today 10:30 AM
- Report: Jack Dorsey declined to host a fundraiser for Tulsi Gabbard Today 10:22 AM
- Bernie Sanders plugs Joe Rogan endorsement—and women are furious Today 10:04 AM
- Young woman using TikTok to document the end of her life says she’s dying next week Today 8:43 AM
- London’s real-time facial recognition program a ‘breathtaking assault’ on civil rights Today 8:23 AM
Renowned smartphone leaker Evan Blass (@evleaks) on Tuesday tweeted an image of what he claims is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The leak comes three full weeks before Samsung shows off its upcoming flagship device.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (in Midnight Black) pic.twitter.com/QZii9xFarQ— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 31, 2017
As you can see, the “Midnight Black” Note 8 looks a lot like the Galaxy S8, but with the sharper rectangular shape of previous Galaxy Note devices.
The massive display, rumored at 6.3-inches, retains the S8’s beautiful edge-to-edge look.
When it rains etc. pic.twitter.com/D0lFR5Wn1B— Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 1, 2017
Blass released more images of the Galaxy Note 8, which show the back and side of the device. You also get a glimpse of the gold variant and S-Pen. The Note 8 is set to be one of the most beautiful devices on the market, but the renders do raise some concerns. Note how the fingerprint sensor sits right next to the camera—the same lazy placement Samsung got flak for with Galaxy S8.
Looks like they've learned nothing when it comes to the fingerprint sensor. Fucking hell Samsung— Ivan (@DinckelMan) August 1, 2017
Should have put the fingerprint sensor in between the cameras so they smudge more evenly— Ryan Fenwick (@ryanfenwick) August 1, 2017
Still going with that awful placement of fingerprint reader. With the phone this tall, it would be even more difficult.— KDS (@imKDS) August 1, 2017
And I’m not the only one who isn’t sold on the two-tone black/gold and camera orientation on the back.
front: pretty as hell— pithan (@pedropithan) August 1, 2017
back: ok not so much
Back looks...robotic and constricted for lack of better words— Vaibhav Chaudhary (@Vaibhav_cee) August 1, 2017
Let’s hope we see some changes when Samsung unveils the Note 8 on Aug. 23 in New York City.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.