- Alleged gunman tried to rob YouTuber Adam22 during livestream 2 Years Ago
- Turkish president used New Zealand shooting footage at campaign rallies 2 Years Ago
- 8 adorable tea infusers that will warm you with cuteness Today 10:26 AM
- The Super Nintendo Pro is the wireless controller of your dreams Today 10:25 AM
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season Today 10:10 AM
- The Legend of Zelda Encyclopedia Deluxe Edition is a true treasure Today 10:00 AM
- Even Republicans are angry with the GOP’s anti-Beto tweet Today 10:00 AM
- ‘Egg Boy’ vows to send GoFundMe money to mosque shooting victims Today 9:55 AM
- Noom is a weight loss program that prioritizes your mental health Today 9:10 AM
- Shane Dawson once joked about ejaculating on his cat—and people are furious Today 8:54 AM
- Rep. Steve King posts Civil War fantasy meme—accidentally mocks own state Today 8:41 AM
- Gaming company Valve removed tributes to Christchurch shooter Today 8:39 AM
- The best new bands at SXSW 2019 Today 8:00 AM
- 10 literary journalism classics that should be on your reading list Today 7:00 AM
- You can watch DC Universe’s acclaimed original shows for free Today 6:28 AM
The smartphone giant is set to unveil the Note 8 on Aug. 23.
Renowned smartphone leaker Evan Blass (@evleaks) on Tuesday tweeted an image of what he claims is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The leak comes three full weeks before Samsung shows off its upcoming flagship device.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (in Midnight Black) pic.twitter.com/QZii9xFarQ
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 31, 2017
As you can see, the “Midnight Black” Note 8 looks a lot like the Galaxy S8, but with the sharper rectangular shape of previous Galaxy Note devices.
— Raj. A. Desai. (@DesaiRaj414) August 1, 2017
The massive display, rumored at 6.3-inches, retains the S8’s beautiful edge-to-edge look.
When it rains etc. pic.twitter.com/D0lFR5Wn1B
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 1, 2017
Blass released more images of the Galaxy Note 8, which show the back and side of the device. You also get a glimpse of the gold variant and S-Pen. The Note 8 is set to be one of the most beautiful devices on the market, but the renders do raise some concerns. Note how the fingerprint sensor sits right next to the camera—the same lazy placement Samsung got flak for with Galaxy S8.
Looks like they've learned nothing when it comes to the fingerprint sensor. Fucking hell Samsung
— Ivan (@DinckelMan) August 1, 2017
Should have put the fingerprint sensor in between the cameras so they smudge more evenly
— Ryan Fenwick (@ryanfenwick) August 1, 2017
Still going with that awful placement of fingerprint reader. With the phone this tall, it would be even more difficult.
— KDS (@imKDS) August 1, 2017
And I’m not the only one who isn’t sold on the two-tone black/gold and camera orientation on the back.
front: pretty as hell
back: ok not so much
— pithan (@pedropithan) August 1, 2017
Back looks…robotic and constricted for lack of better words
— Vaibhav Chaudhary (@Vaibhav_cee) August 1, 2017
Let’s hope we see some changes when Samsung unveils the Note 8 on Aug. 23 in New York City.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.