- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
The smartphone giant is set to unveil the Note 8 on Aug. 23.
Renowned smartphone leaker Evan Blass (@evleaks) on Tuesday tweeted an image of what he claims is the Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The leak comes three full weeks before Samsung shows off its upcoming flagship device.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 (in Midnight Black) pic.twitter.com/QZii9xFarQ
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) July 31, 2017
As you can see, the “Midnight Black” Note 8 looks a lot like the Galaxy S8, but with the sharper rectangular shape of previous Galaxy Note devices.
— Raj. A. Desai. (@DesaiRaj414) August 1, 2017
The massive display, rumored at 6.3-inches, retains the S8’s beautiful edge-to-edge look.
When it rains etc. pic.twitter.com/D0lFR5Wn1B
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) August 1, 2017
Blass released more images of the Galaxy Note 8, which show the back and side of the device. You also get a glimpse of the gold variant and S-Pen. The Note 8 is set to be one of the most beautiful devices on the market, but the renders do raise some concerns. Note how the fingerprint sensor sits right next to the camera—the same lazy placement Samsung got flak for with Galaxy S8.
Looks like they've learned nothing when it comes to the fingerprint sensor. Fucking hell Samsung
— Ivan (@DinckelMan) August 1, 2017
Should have put the fingerprint sensor in between the cameras so they smudge more evenly
— Ryan Fenwick (@ryanfenwick) August 1, 2017
Still going with that awful placement of fingerprint reader. With the phone this tall, it would be even more difficult.
— KDS (@imKDS) August 1, 2017
And I’m not the only one who isn’t sold on the two-tone black/gold and camera orientation on the back.
front: pretty as hell
back: ok not so much
— pithan (@pedropithan) August 1, 2017
Back looks…robotic and constricted for lack of better words
— Vaibhav Chaudhary (@Vaibhav_cee) August 1, 2017
Let’s hope we see some changes when Samsung unveils the Note 8 on Aug. 23 in New York City.
Phillip Tracy is a former technology staff writer at the Daily Dot. He's an expert on smartphones, social media trends, and gadgets. He previously reported on IoT and telecom for RCR Wireless News and contributed to NewBay Media magazine. He now writes for Laptop magazine.