- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Apologies in advance if this triggers it for you.
We have finally met the Apple Watch. In case you’ve been living under a rock, it looks like this.
Apple diehards all over the world are chomping at the bit to pre-order this thing beginning April 10.
Meanwhile, this is all I can think about:
Anyone else getting a weird trypophobic reaction to the Apple Watch? I’m sorry I ever learned about that phobia existing. I think I have it.
— Jam Kotenko (@MrazGal) March 11, 2015
In case you didn’t know, trypophobia is the uncontrollable and completely irrational fear of objects that have an irregular pattern of holes. Those who claim to have the fear shudder over images of beehives, lotus seed heads, loofahs, coral, and the like.
Eventually it escalates, and trypophobics start seeing things like this.While trypophobia may not be a legitimate condition recognized by the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, that doesn’t mean people aren’t taking to Twitter to complain about the skin-crawling feeling the Apple Watch display is giving them.
Photo via Karunakar Rayker/Flickr (CC BY 2.0)
Jam Kotenko is a technology reporter and graphic designer who specializes in coverage of Instagram, Facebook, and other social media apps. Her work has been published by Digital Trends, Bustle, and Gotta Be Mobile.