- Guy who wants to fund the border wall has privately raised $7 million Thursday 8:41 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11 trailer delights fans with gory fatalities, new characters Thursday 5:46 PM
- What you need to know about the data breach involving 773 email addresses Thursday 5:13 PM
- Senators fear government shutdown may affect FTC investigation of Facebook Thursday 3:43 PM
- Buy beer for a furloughed government worker with this new website Thursday 3:19 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is teaching Congress how to tweet Thursday 2:42 PM
- Congressmen held genetics meeting with Chuck Johnson, despite his past racist claims about genetics Thursday 2:26 PM
- Female bodyguard thriller ‘Close’ is disappointingly un-thrilling Thursday 2:01 PM
- Twitter faces backlash for insensitive ‘triggers’ joke Thursday 1:13 PM
- 10 user-recommended sites for live tarot readings that are almost too good to be true Thursday 12:08 PM
- AsapSCIENCE comes for Jake Paul over Mystery Brand scam Thursday 11:34 AM
- Why ‘I never thought of it like that’ can actually be deeply offensive Thursday 11:26 AM
- Save 40% on the Fire TV Stick 4K when you rent textbooks through Amazon Thursday 11:05 AM
- Netflix reportedly used real disaster footage in ‘Bird Box’ Thursday 10:53 AM
- Holocaust denier Chuck Johnson spotted with 2 congressmen in Capitol Thursday 10:30 AM
This sticker will make your AirPod case look like dental floss
Keep your pricey headphones safe and remember to floss at the same time.
The similarity between the AirPod case and dental floss was first noticed in September by eagle-eyed Apple fans with clean teeth. It was only a matter of time before someone stepped up and put money behind the idea.
Of course, you don’t have to throw down $4.99 to get your flossy AirPods case. You can simply peel the sticker off of an actual package of dental floss, like these smart Twitter users.
On one hand, the idea of hiding your AirPods behind something as gross as dental floss seems unnecessary. Wouldn’t you keep these close enough to your body that you wouldn’t fear the idea of someone getting close enough to steal them? But it’s actually rather brilliant. Any thief giving a cursory glance through your knapsack probably won’t want to take your gum cleaning string.
So, good job, Etsy entrepreneur. You’ve managed to turn Apple’s silly design choices into solid gold.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.