- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
This sticker will make your AirPod case look like dental floss
Keep your pricey headphones safe and remember to floss at the same time.
The similarity between the AirPod case and dental floss was first noticed in September by eagle-eyed Apple fans with clean teeth. It was only a matter of time before someone stepped up and put money behind the idea.
Of course, you don’t have to throw down $4.99 to get your flossy AirPods case. You can simply peel the sticker off of an actual package of dental floss, like these smart Twitter users.
On one hand, the idea of hiding your AirPods behind something as gross as dental floss seems unnecessary. Wouldn’t you keep these close enough to your body that you wouldn’t fear the idea of someone getting close enough to steal them? But it’s actually rather brilliant. Any thief giving a cursory glance through your knapsack probably won’t want to take your gum cleaning string.
So, good job, Etsy entrepreneur. You’ve managed to turn Apple’s silly design choices into solid gold.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.