- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
This sticker will make your AirPod case look like dental floss
Keep your pricey headphones safe and remember to floss at the same time.
The similarity between the AirPod case and dental floss was first noticed in September by eagle-eyed Apple fans with clean teeth. It was only a matter of time before someone stepped up and put money behind the idea.
Of course, you don’t have to throw down $4.99 to get your flossy AirPods case. You can simply peel the sticker off of an actual package of dental floss, like these smart Twitter users.
On one hand, the idea of hiding your AirPods behind something as gross as dental floss seems unnecessary. Wouldn’t you keep these close enough to your body that you wouldn’t fear the idea of someone getting close enough to steal them? But it’s actually rather brilliant. Any thief giving a cursory glance through your knapsack probably won’t want to take your gum cleaning string.
So, good job, Etsy entrepreneur. You’ve managed to turn Apple’s silly design choices into solid gold.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adapter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.