- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot 3 Years Ago
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata 3 Years Ago
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress 3 Years Ago
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
This sticker will make your AirPod case look like dental floss
Keep your pricey headphones safe and remember to floss at the same time.
The similarity between the AirPod case and dental floss was first noticed in September by eagle-eyed Apple fans with clean teeth. It was only a matter of time before someone stepped up and put money behind the idea.
Of course, you don’t have to throw down $4.99 to get your flossy AirPods case. You can simply peel the sticker off of an actual package of dental floss, like these smart Twitter users.
On one hand, the idea of hiding your AirPods behind something as gross as dental floss seems unnecessary. Wouldn’t you keep these close enough to your body that you wouldn’t fear the idea of someone getting close enough to steal them? But it’s actually rather brilliant. Any thief giving a cursory glance through your knapsack probably won’t want to take your gum cleaning string.
So, good job, Etsy entrepreneur. You’ve managed to turn Apple’s silly design choices into solid gold.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.