NASA astronaut Karen Nyberg returned home Sunday after spending six months living on the International Space Station. During that time she became well known for staying in touch with those of us stuck on Earth through tweets, videos, and especially pins. Nyberg’s Pinterest account has offered an inside look into life in space over these last few months, showing us everything from her latest experiments to her out-of-this-world craft projects.
Now that she’s back with us on the ground, we’ll miss seeing her amazing photos from space every day. Here’s a look back at some of our favorite Nyberg pins of Earth and her life on the station.
1) Nyberg photographs her final sunrise in space
2) Showing refraction by playing with some water
3) The constellation Orion over Earth
4) The Great Lakes
5) Dinosaur made for her son out of the velcro-like fabric that lines Russian food containers
6) New York and south along the U.S. East Coast
7) Capturing a sunset
8) View of the Colorado fires from space
9) Nyberg used handmade headbands to keep the velcro on the walls and station equipment from sticking to her floating hair
10) The Nile
11) Enjoying peanut butter and chocolate sandwiched between two waffles and heated in the station’s food warmer
12) A moonlit Indian Ocean
13) Typhoon Haiyan
14) The Adriatic Sea
Photos via Karen Nyberg/Pinterest
Judge brings burglary suspect to tears after revealing a surprise about his past
This will give you the feels.4.3k
Why the first U.S. measles death in 12 years is such a big deal
It’s not just because it’s the first one in 12 years.3.4k
xPeke plans to retire after Worlds
One of the most iconic names in esports plans to hang up his mouse and keyboard in just a couple of months.3.2k
Is Reddit's relocation policy to blame for dismissals?
Reddit's expanding alumni page may not be the only sea change in store.
The 3 biggest questions heading into the ESL ESEA final
The first edition of the ESL ESEA Pro League is coming to a head this weekend with $250,000 on the line.29