- Aaron Paul predicted Jesse Pinkman’s fate on Reddit years ago Today 8:53 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eli’ is a satisfyingly nasty blend of haunted houses and medical horror Today 7:00 AM
- Why 8chan’s founder is fighting to keep the infamous message board dead Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream NFL Sunday Ticket without DirecTV Today 5:00 AM
- How to watch Arizona State vs. Utah Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Michigan vs. Penn State Today 4:00 AM
- How to watch Florida vs. South Carolina Today 4:00 AM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Crystal Palace Today 1:00 AM
- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
In the 15 years between Zoolander and Zoolander 2, the iconic (and fictional) male model Derek Zoolander has discovered a new favorite accessory: the selfie stick. For a guy whose entire career is about being ridiculously good-looking, it’s probably the most important tech development of the past decade.
For the Zoolander 2 premiere in London this week, Ben Stiller broke the world record for longest selfie stick. This meant wielding an 8.56 meter (28 foot) apparatus with a working cell phone at the end, taking a photo his co-stars Owen Wilson, Penelope Cruz, and Will Ferrell, along with members of the crowd below.
We love how seriously Ben Stiller took this extremely important task. His post-selfie interview is a perfect parody of boring post-game interviews with professional athletes.
Screengrab via Guinness World Records/YouTube
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor