- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app 4 Years Ago
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
- RIP to the real star of ‘Stranger Things’: Steve Harrington’s mullet Saturday 11:04 AM
- People are sharing their wholesome stories with #Hey19YearOldMe Saturday 9:20 AM
Zoe Saldana teams with Awestruck, AwesomenessTV’s new MCN for millennial moms
Awestruck will be available on YouTube, Facebook, and Verizon’s Go90 service.
Actress Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Star Trek, Guardians of the Galaxy) and her production company Cinestar have signed a deal to executive produce two series and create a YouTube channel for Awestruck, a new lifestyle brand and multichannel network from AwesomenessTV that will be available on YouTube, Facebook, and Verizon’s Go90 service.
Debuting in the fall of 2015, Awestruck will feature a mix of female-centric scripted and unscripted programming formats, from comedy and drama series to docu-reality and talk shows, showcasing a mix of digital influencers and celebrities.
Cinestar is a production company Saldana co-founded with her sisters Mariel and Cisely Saldana. The Saldanas will partner with Awestruck on both un-scripted and scripted content, of which Zoe will serve as the executive producer. They will also create the Cinestar YouTube channel for the Awestruck MCN. It will mark their first foray as online creators.
“Zoe epitomizes the talent we are seeking for Awestruck. She marries a strong creative vision and an existing fan base with the experience of being a new mom,” said Sarah Penna, head of Awestruck and co-founder of MCN-turned-management firm Big Frame (now a division of AwesomenessTV).
Saldana and her husband Marco Perego welcomed twin sons in November 2014. Penna is also a relatively new mom: In September 2014, she and her husband Joe Penna (aka MysteryGuitarMan) welcomed their first child, son Jonah Lane Penna.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)