- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Today 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Today 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Today 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Today 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Today 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Today 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Today 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Today 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Today 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Today 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Today 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Today 8:16 AM
- Studio Ghibli films are coming to Netflix—but not for Americans Today 8:13 AM
- Brad Pitt clutching Jennifer Aniston’s hand sparks all the rumors Today 7:47 AM
- The man who sold shares of himself on the internet Today 7:00 AM
Zoe Saldana teams with Awestruck, AwesomenessTV’s new MCN for millennial moms
Awestruck will be available on YouTube, Facebook, and Verizon’s Go90 service.
Actress Zoe Saldana (Avatar, Star Trek, Guardians of the Galaxy) and her production company Cinestar have signed a deal to executive produce two series and create a YouTube channel for Awestruck, a new lifestyle brand and multichannel network from AwesomenessTV that will be available on YouTube, Facebook, and Verizon’s Go90 service.
Debuting in the fall of 2015, Awestruck will feature a mix of female-centric scripted and unscripted programming formats, from comedy and drama series to docu-reality and talk shows, showcasing a mix of digital influencers and celebrities.
Cinestar is a production company Saldana co-founded with her sisters Mariel and Cisely Saldana. The Saldanas will partner with Awestruck on both un-scripted and scripted content, of which Zoe will serve as the executive producer. They will also create the Cinestar YouTube channel for the Awestruck MCN. It will mark their first foray as online creators.
“Zoe epitomizes the talent we are seeking for Awestruck. She marries a strong creative vision and an existing fan base with the experience of being a new mom,” said Sarah Penna, head of Awestruck and co-founder of MCN-turned-management firm Big Frame (now a division of AwesomenessTV).
Saldana and her husband Marco Perego welcomed twin sons in November 2014. Penna is also a relatively new mom: In September 2014, she and her husband Joe Penna (aka MysteryGuitarMan) welcomed their first child, son Jonah Lane Penna.
Photo via Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)